Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster APOLLO-SOYUZ 35th Anniversary

1. michaelbp6 Dec 5, 2014

Hey Everyone

I am about to make my first major watch purchase (I have 2 vintage Omega´s) and have set my eyes on a APOLLO-SOYUZ 35th Anniversary.

I have made contact through Chrono24 and the seller (a shop, not private person) has a “Trusted Seller” batch from the site. I have seen many pictures of the watch on request, it comes with box, papers etc. Is there anything that I should dbl. check or worry about?

What do you think of the APOLLO-SOYUZ 35th Anniversary?

All the best!

Michael Pedersen

KstateSkier and Taddyangle like this.
  2. bill5959 Dec 5, 2014

Welcome to the forum. I personally think the A-S watch is one sweet and rare find. Be extremely careful on Chrono24. Get lots of high res pictures and share them here. Also be wary of just wiring funds. You are totally buck naked at that point. ChronoTrader has a patchy reputation IMHO. Wear protection at all times.

Edited by a mod Dec 5, 2014
    michaelbp6 and Spacefruit like this.
  3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2014

Yeah I'm not a fan of C24 prices always seem to be way over inflated!

Like Bill says do not send money via bank transfer and vet the guy like hell!

I think there was a AS on here for sale let me look....

michaelbp6 likes this.
  4. michaelbp6 Dec 5, 2014

Dear Bill and DLT

Thank you very much. I have added some pictures I have so far. I will get more.

What are my alternatives to bank transfer?

Thank you so much!

Michael

Front.jpg Back.jpg
  5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2014

Pay through PayPal with a credit card then you have some security.

I have this watch as do many other members here and it's a beauty.

May I ask the listing price?

6. bill5959 Dec 5, 2014

Guys here should also comment on the need for movement pictures. Regards. Bill

7. michaelbp6 Dec 5, 2014

Dear DLT

Of course...what did I think of. PayPal it is.

I really love this watch, I of course, dont have to start listing all the amazing things about it, as you opbevisly already know!! But I feel thats it the watch for me.

I am able to buy it for 4200 EUR(seller rates it as a 1 = perfect condition). Looking for this watch for some months now, I think this is a fairly good deal...

Michael

8. bill5959 Dec 5, 2014

Whoops I just noticed I unintentionally dissed ChronoTrader. That is another topic. Pre caffeine:)

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2014

Edited for you :)

bill5959 likes this.
  10. michaelbp6 Dec 6, 2014

Here is another picture. Any reason not buying this watch for 4200 eur? UR.jpg

11. repoman Dec 6, 2014

4200 eur for a Speedyorite with box is a definite buy, IMHO. Be careful though, there are many scammers out there trying to sell this reference below market value as a complete scam. Do your due diligence, make sure the seller has a verifiable track record. Good luck.

Edited Dec 6, 2014
  12. michaelbp6 Dec 6, 2014

Dear Repoman

Thank you very much for your advice. Scam, you mean fake?

-Michael

13. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2014

Yes be careful what he means is, they offer the cost of the watch at a cheap price to entice people to buy it then scam the cash out the person.

michaelbp6 likes this.
  14. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2014

15. michaelbp6 Dec 7, 2014

Hi DLT

Yes. You are right. Some of the watches selling through chrono are on the 8time.it website, others are not. I called the shop yesterday, and spoke to the lady, which I have also been writing mails with...everything checked out. I have also sent a mail to Chrone, if they have any positive reviews from others who have purchased watches through 8time. Waiting for reply.

I am thinking, its a lot of trouble to go through(own website, pictures of a shop with 8time sign on the wall) and have this "trusted seller" since 2012 through chrono24. 2 other retailer recommendations.

...on the other hand, I am sitting here, checking everything over and over again...

16. michaelbp6 Dec 7, 2014

17. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 7, 2014

Then snap it up before someone else does.

Make sure you pay via credit card that way your covered if anything goes wrong.

18. Shem Dec 7, 2014

The Soyuz is worth every penny! I hope it works out for you.

19. jud Dec 7, 2014

^^^^^^^
    Wise advice.

20. michaelbp6 Dec 13, 2014

Hi Everybody who helped with comments in this thread.

Here is what happened ;0)

After a few phone calls, a vist to the 8time shop by italian frinds, I decided to trafer the money via the bank, as this was the only option 8TIME offers. Within less than 24 hours, I recieved my watch(Italy to Denmark)
    It looks fantastic and lives 100% up to what was promissed by 8TIME. Caterina from 8TIME has been very helpfull and answered all my mails within minutes or few hours.

I am now the VERY proud owner of a fantastic Speedy!

Thank you for your help.

- Michael

image.jpg