Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Apollo 17 45th Anniversary

1. ras47 Apr 26, 2017

As far as the picture from the moon, that old analog signal was awful even on a good day compared to what we have now. Amazing what we were used to. So many sources of interference then.

2. rominvicta Apr 26, 2017

As a matter of fact as of any applicable jurisdiction that is a pure breach of law. In US such like settlement would cost a lot to Omega. Any US-based customer should be able to file a law suite against Omega.

3. omegaemu Apr 27, 2017

I think that's a bit sad if someone wants to do that! It's a watch! Just buy it and enjoy it

4. rominvicta Apr 27, 2017

Emu, i am not residing there, just happen to know that such behaviour is considered an abuse of law. And as far as i know much lesser cases are brought to courts in US. So Omega should be careful what is doing. And marketing/sales staff should consult lawyers part before undertaking such step, as these 200 pcs additionally sold might be costly.

5. omegaemu Apr 27, 2017

Let's hope that it does not go that far! I think the watch looks beautiful and a law suit would detract from the fun

rominvicta likes this.
  6. Chronofan Apr 27, 2017

Not interested in the gold one but the steel one does look fantastic

As an omega newbie...... are these limited editions easy to get or are they sold out asap?
    I read the gold is sold out but they increased the number..... what about the 1972 pce in steel? Too late to order or are these for months available at your AD?

McJamesT likes this.
  7. Sculler22 Apr 27, 2017

Rominvicta, the U.S. is the most litigious country on the face of the earth. Lawyers/solicitors actively encourage people to bring suit for all varieties of reasons, many of them nonsensical. However, the only winners are usually those self-same lawyers, who get paid for their efforts regardless of outcome in some cases, and as a large percentage of a successful effort in others. This is in no way a blanket indictment of the profession. There are many attorneys who willingly donate their time and knowledge to help those in dire need. The bottom line here is that bringing a lawsuit for a breach of contract because the exclusivity factor of a purchase has been diminished, while it may be valid, is certainly not as important as many other things in life. Omegamu captures the essence of my opinion above: "I think that's a bit sad if someone wants to do that! It's a watch! Just buy it and enjoy it".

8. Willieb Apr 27, 2017

Come on. I just buy watches because I love them, not to make a big investment out of them, imho :)

9. repoman Apr 27, 2017

Agree that upping the LE numbers after product announcement is questionable... but cmon', a lawsuit? They haven't delivered any yet, if you have a deposit down you can ask for it back, and its just a watch. I ordered one of those Werenbach Model 5 kickstarter watches, LE of 50, and a couple weeks later they announce they have enough orange Soyuz cladding to make up to 500 now. I was supremely disappointed, but accept that's their prerogative.

Edited Nov 1, 2017
    BrianMcKay likes this.
  10. rominvicta Apr 27, 2017

Hey guys do not get in a wrong direction, I am not trying to solicit a decision here, just saying that in US they file with court for lesser in importance issues, so, if I were Omega I would be carefully considering such a probability.

11. FlyingTiger Apr 27, 2017

The steel version should be available still. Omega has not made any big advertisement yet, and you cannot find the model on the Omega webpage either. So go for it and give it a try ;)

Regards,
    Alexander

12. Ru4scuba Apr 28, 2017

Concur. Call your local AD or OB and check availability. Some have said (in this thread) no longer available in US but a call to your AD could corroborate that...

13. Chronofan Apr 28, 2017

Thanks!

14. friendharry Apr 30, 2017

Omega has confirmed 272 LE for the gold version. Very disappointing that a brand doesn't stick to its word.... I think it's the 1st time I see this.
    The main motivation is obviously money : 20000 x 200, in that period of decreasing sales is a good amount.

15. Ru4scuba Apr 30, 2017

i dunno...this doesn't bother me that much. It makes good business sense. While Speedy WIS like us may chafe at such a move, the general public will care less so and these will sell.

I want these companies to make good business decisions and stay afloat in light of an ever decreasing luxury watch market...

16. Ru4scuba May 1, 2017

17. FlyingTiger May 2, 2017

I assume the pic has been made at BaselWorld 2017....

Cheers,
    Alexander

18. nima0071 May 2, 2017

very disappointing of what has happened, omega will lose loyal guys to the brand like this.

19. pianomankd May 2, 2017

I love that blue version.

20. Ru4scuba May 2, 2017

Watchmutt and Robert-Jan like this.