Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Apollo 15 40th Anniversary LE

1. T3F Oct 27, 2018

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying the Speedmaster Apollo 15 40th Anniversary LE and have a few questions.

The first is one price: does anyone have any idea what a fair price is for one of these right now? It looks like they were typically listed for around $4,000 over the last few years, but it doesn't look like any have been up for sale on any forum in the last 6+ months. There are some for sale in the $5,500-$7,000 range on C24, but my experience with them is that the prices there tend to be on the higher end, so it might not be the best guide for what to pay.

Secondly, does anyone own this and the standard modern Speedy Pro with hesalite? I'm a little worried they might be too similar, even for someone who really likes Speedmasters.

Thanks!

omega-speedmaster-apollo-15-40th-anniversary-311.30.42.30.01.003-1.jpg

2. T3F Oct 29, 2018

I think the fact that nobody has replied yet should tell me that this is still an unpopular LE and that prices probably haven't risen from the ~$4,000 level. :D

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 29, 2018

One guy here has an amazing black 2 stitch strap with blue and red stitching. First one that worked for me.

4. many Oct 29, 2018

This is one of my favorite speedys. In person they are amazing .

5. Chachi Oct 29, 2018

I own this watch and personally think it is a great watch, the colours on the dial are unique and the dune buggy case back is awesome. I get a lot of comments when I wear this watch. I bought mine from an Omega boutique in 2015, it was sitting in a display cabinet in the viewing room and I tried it on while I was waiting for my wife and I bought it on the spot. I don't think they were that popular when they were released, but that might change over time.

6. tzachi Oct 30, 2018

wait for it to be featured on that site like "hodinkee finds a rare Omega"... it will double overnight :)

7. T3F Oct 30, 2018

I totally agree that this is a great watch; I want to buy one, but just want to make sure I'm getting a good price.

And tzachi, I doubt it would double -- I'd expect it to at least triple if The Great Hodinkee gave it the seal of approval! :D