Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster Apollo 11 40th Anniversary. NOS MIB £3500

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 23, 2019

On my recent trip to Paris I bought a modern Speedmaster (!) so this one has to go.

img_001.jpg

Unworn, NOS and Mint.

img_003.jpg img_004.jpg

Comes with inner and outer box, warranty cards and medal

img_001.jpg

Medal is still in its plastic box

img_002.jpg

Normally I would open it, but this watch has never been touched, apart from the bracelet, and so I am not going to.

img_008.jpg img_009.jpg img_010.jpg img_011.jpg

Provenance

Bought by me in 2011 from Christie's, in part of a small lot of new watches sold off by a collector who bought, but never wore four watches a day(!) and sold off a large number simply to make room. This watch has been sized, but not worn - even by me. It has not been serviced. I recommend you do that,

Why am I selling?
    This is the fastest I have sent one out after buying a watch. I recently bought a very special, extremely limited modern speedmaster and so I am selling this, one of my very few modern speedmasters, to make room in the safe.

SALES TERMS
    £3500 Cash Face to Face in UK

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, often my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM's me with the words, "I will buy this watch now at your price" because I try my best to price my watches less than anything else I see listed to ensure a quick smooth easy sale.

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply and engage in conversation, they ask if I can do a better price - meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery
    I would really like to do a face to face on this, as that is how I bought the replacement.

Returns
    are OK if you are really nice about it, and don't cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you. But please, if you are in two minds then do not buy. I am not a dealer and I am not on standby to accept a return. Getting a watch back to me will often involve you getting it safely back to Simon Freese in UK at your expense. So please, think hard about buying and be sure.

Price is £3500
    Would be happy for cash face to face for this watch in UK.....

I have checked the comparables and C24 has several used ones starting at £6,000 so I think the price is very interesting.

Notes on my position and ethos

I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I sell my watches to make room for more that I have bought. I have been on eBay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of Speedmaster101.com and protecting my reputation is more important to me than selling off a watch. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure.

I want this watch to be your pleasure too.

img_007.jpg img_008.jpg
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 24, 2019

Watch is now OHPF thank you for all the interest.

Apologies to the Witch anti Bumpers but I got a lot of messages and I think it would be nice for people to know it has sold.

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 24, 2019

:eek:

Interesting! I thought you were exclusively vintage. I guess here isn't the best place for a discussion (though I see the watch is sold) but would be interested to hear or see which one you plumped for.

nonuffinkbloke and Spacefruit like this.
  4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 24, 2019

10:1 says the inspirational piece it originated from is worn somewhere in this scene...

tenor.gif

:)

nonuffinkbloke and Spacefruit like this.
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 24, 2019

Funny
    But no....it’s much rarer
    Just released

Taddyangle and eugeneandresson like this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 24, 2019

I am guessing Eugene was referring to the new gold BA145.022? Not that one then? Well I can't see you as a Buzz Butt man, so I am running out of inspiration unless you have taken a shine to the FOIS Met or maybe the gold FOIS thing awarded to Brainboxes. Unless you got exclusive early doors access to the platinum 321 of course!

eugeneandresson likes this.
  7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 24, 2019

Indeed...

padders likes this.
  8. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 24, 2019

I thought at first it was just a selfie of you clubbing last weekend.

9. rcs914 Jul 24, 2019

If it weren't for the "just released" I would have thought maybe he was able to source a Starmus.

padders likes this.
  10. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 24, 2019

Thats what I meant by 'Gold FOIS thing awarded to Brainboxes' :thumbsup:

Jonathan40 and rcs914 like this.
  11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 24, 2019

I'm betting we see a platinum Speedmaster soon.