Forums Latest Members
  1. KJH666 Jul 21, 2017

The other day I posted a thread about Number 6 end links and as a result of feedback and discussion on here I bought the 7912 bracelet with the Number 6 endlinks, one single cut, one double cut.

A new issue has arose today. The bracelet appears to have the full 26 links, 10 stretch and 16 solid, but the central piece of the last link on one side is missing. The images below show that, so at present you cannot join the bracelet to the endlink on that side with a spring pin.

There seems to be two choices, firstly try and buy a single folded centre link. I don't think it would necessarily have to come off a 7912 as long as the size was the same 10mm high and 5mm wide. This is not a stealth WTB by the way, I appreciate that I do not have the post count on here yet. I do have over 5,000 posts on TZ so have done a WTB over there.

The alternative is to remove the last half link so that the penultimate central link would then join to the endlink. I am reluctant to do that unless there is no other way as I want to preserve the full length of the bracelet.

So a bit of advice required, anyone got any ideas, anyone know any outlets that may sell these pieces and if I was to remove the half link, what's the best way to do it without damaging the central link.

Any help or advice would be grately appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

IMG_3925.JPG IMG_3928.JPG IMG_3916.JPG IMG_3917.JPG
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 21, 2017

What you is, get a little piece of steel, bend it into shape, and enjoy!

Seriously though, that piece alone is rarely sold. You may need to buy more than just that end piece to get that end piece.

I'd see if your Wm could rig something in the mean time or wear on leather until sorted.

3. mac_omega Jul 21, 2017

there are full links bracelet parts on ebay frequently, a short piece would not hurt pricewise...
    you can take a link from there and re-sell the rest

thats what i would do

watchknut likes this.
  4. KJH666 Jul 21, 2017

Thanks. I will keep an eye on e-bay and I have been in touch with a few people who might be able to help. Ideally I need to find someone with a trashed bracelet who wouldn't mind pulling the end link off it and selling it to me.

I agree it is just a piece of flat metal folded, for a Speedmaster hardly rocket science.

Been waiting years to use that one :)

Spacefruit likes this.
  5. tamura Jul 22, 2017

Hou can have this one for free, if you like.
    el2.jpg el.jpg
    el3.jpg

thogi, Giff2577, TNTwatch and 2 others like this.
  6. Dash1 Jul 22, 2017

Unfortunately the centre links are not the same as that last end link! The end link is wider to let the spring pin in.

7. tamura Jul 22, 2017

My picture shows a last end link.

Dash1 likes this.
  8. cell1010 Jul 22, 2017

Well, I think you can bend the link a bit to get it wider so that the spring bar fits in. Or take a thinner spring bar, they are available in different diameters. I personally would have an eye open for an opportunity to buy one and in the meanwhile remove a link in order to be able to fit it to the watch. Once you have the additional link you can easily reverse it...

9. KJH666 Jul 22, 2017

Well experienced in different width springbars with Orient of all makes. The spring bars in their rubber divers straps are 2mm but the bracelet has a hole that won't take anything wider than 1.5mm.

At the end of the day the bracelet is too flimsy, too unsecure and too valuable to wear on a daily basis. Once sorted I intend to put the bracelet on the watch and take a few images and some wrist shots as well and then put the watch back on its black leather strap for everyday wear.

The bracelet and endlinks are great to have as part of the package and are almost essential if selling in the future. I have been offered a centre link, which I am very grateful for, so will hold fire on doing anything until it arrives then have a play. I will post some images when all sorted.

I would like to thank everyone for the help and advice, gratefully received.

10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 22, 2017

What makes you say that? I wear 7912s regularly and never had a problem.

td69, gemini4 and toddle321 like this.
  11. KJH666 Jul 22, 2017

I suppose I was just comparing it to modern day bracelets, which is hardly fair I know. I will try it out when I get the link and the watch back from Simon and see how it goes, but I was wearing the watch on a black leather Omega strap and it did look good and feel very comfortable.

I am not one of those people who change things around on a regular basis. I tend to find the best set up for a perticular watch for my needs and then leave it as is.

12. watchlovr Jul 22, 2017

Ken, I hope you change your mind on not wearing the 7912, it is imo part of what makes these watches special.

oddboy likes this.
  13. KJH666 Jul 22, 2017

You guys are getting to me...

I will see how good it all is Colin when I eventually get everything together.

The intention was to keep the watch for best or special occasions, so it might work on the bracelet.

14. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 22, 2017

tamura is offering you all you need.

15. KJH666 Jul 22, 2017

Yes I get that and I have greatfully sent him a PM. The ongoing discussion is about wearing the bracelet on a daily basis or keeping it as part of the package.