Forums Latest Members
  1. dwilliams851 Jul 20, 2017

Hi all.

I am currently in the market for a vintage Speedy and am looking at a nice well used '67.

The bezel looks used and original.
    The dial looks good.
    The case back looks as it should and the movement has the correct numbers.
    Except that the actual case, the middle part, is new.

I haven't seen any articles about the value of the case, mainly dials, movements and bezels. So, the question I would like to as is.. how do you think this affects the value of the watch?

Thank you for your advice.

David

2. traf Jul 20, 2017

Any replacement part on a vintage piece devalues it. That said, it all depends on what your ultimate goal is for the watch... as a nice daily wearer, go for it (at the right price)! For a collectible investment, pass...

dwilliams851 likes this.
  3. sgrossma Jul 20, 2017

Definitely will be bad for resale. If you are more concerned with value and appreciation, I'd stay away from this one. If it's a really good price and the main goal is to achieve a certain look for a certain price - go for it.

traf and dwilliams851 like this.
  4. dwilliams851 Jul 20, 2017

Perfecto!

Thanks for the comments. It's sort of what I thought. It looks quite nice and is cheaper than a lot of the other '67s out there (6500usd), so I'm fighting with wanting it because I like it and wanting an investment.

Thanks again.

5. KJH666 Jul 20, 2017

As others have said, this is really cut and dry, if the watch looks the business and you intend to keep it, then go for it, but it is not a good investment and if that is part of your reason for buying - don't.

Remember, if you sell you will have to find someone similar minded to yourself who doesn't mind the watch as is - as long as the price is substantially below what they would have to pay for a fully correct watch.

I would keep searching...

dwilliams851 likes this.