Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster 60th Anniversary Bracelet thoughts

1. RC03 Apr 15, 2018

Hello all!

Not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but a thought occurred to me this evening, and after a quick google search I only saw one or two other folks with the same idea but noone that has done it yet.

Has anyone considered, or attempted, taking the 60th Anniversary bracelet and putting it on an FOIS?

It looks like they're both 19mm. I also like that they added the PO style adjustable clasp on the older style bracelet.

Has anyone tracked down the part #s for the new bracelet?

I look forward to everyone's thoughts!

2. Bushido Apr 16, 2018

Will not work. I had my AD attempt to do this exact swap a couple of weeks ago. The lug holes are in a slightly different position.

M'Bob likes this.
  3. Donn Chambers Apr 16, 2018

This is the first definitive check on this. Thanks for doing it. I was hoping it would work, but will have to settle for the 1125 bracelet instead.

4. Bushido Apr 16, 2018

You're welcome. I couldn't find any definitive affirmation nor negation on the bracelet either. Thus, trying it out first hand. I was disappointed with the results as well. The 60th bracelet is really good looking and the micro adjustable clasp is great.

5. RC03 Apr 16, 2018

Thanks Donn!

How far out of place? To the rear(toward the case) or toward the edges of the lugs? Theoretically, if they're closer to the edges one might be able to use the older end links or modify them in some fashion.

The idea of course is that one doesn't intend to do this for resale value.

6. JSal16 Apr 16, 2018

How well or not well does the 1125 bracelet fit on the FOIS and CK2998 Speedy's?

7. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 16, 2018

Pretty well but sometimes some jiggery pokery with thinner spring bars is needed.

8. RC03 Apr 16, 2018

Oops, realized I read Donn as having tried the swap vs Bushido.

My apologies. Did they/you order in a spare bracelet or just try the swap with a 60th that was in the shop?

Also I'll readdress my question your way - were the holes too close to the case or towards the end of the lugs?

I wonder if different end links could be used to still leverage the bracelet for a perfect hybrid.

9. teojjsg Apr 17, 2018

Where do you guys buy the bracelets for these experiments? I am thinking of buying a used solid gold bracelet for my gold speedmaster. Will appreciate anyone pointing me in the correct direction.

10. Donn Chambers Apr 17, 2018

That depends on the end pieces selected. With the 560 end pieces I have, you can use the spring bars that came with the strap. Still, the end piece moves a little around the spring bars unless you bend the wings on the back so that they press against the back of the lugs. But this is common with these non-solid end pieces. I’ve never had a bracelet with them I didn’t have to fiddle with a little.

There’s a ire of the bracelet on the review forum.