Forums Latest Members
  1. dlack Jul 22, 2019

This is my recently-acquired Speedy '57 Co-Axial seen here on my wrist, but including a stock photo for a better representation of this beauty.

This was my sought-after "grail" since its first appearance at Basel as a modernized 're-issue' in 2015, celebrating the original Speedmaster first released in 1957. As Omega describes the re-issue: "An innovative new member of the Speedmaster family salutes its ancestor with some subtle aesthetic nods to the very first Speedmaster from 1957 combined with OMEGA's bold Co-Axial technology."

Have owned and always enjoyed many Speedmasters over the years...including a much coveted, rare all-original 1967 Speedy Moon (Cal. 321). However, this particular '57 re-issue, with its stunning tobacco-brown-hued dial and faux-patina lumed indices and hand inserts, is, if I might say, a real looker. Some might disagree -- indeed we all have our particular tastes and preferences -- but this one happens to be a true compliment magnet. A notable plus is the uncanny time-keeping accuracy that I've witnessed with the 9300 Co-Axial COSC-certified movement. That it is also a 'column wheel' chronograph with vertical clutch, twin barrels, silicon balance and 54-jewels, makes this 9300, I think, a very special engine indeed. For those who may be interested, there's a excellent, in-depth review of this re-issue by Tim of Watchbox, the guru of reviewers, at:

Speed '57 1a.jpg speedy57.jpg
    Vix and CJpickup57 like this.
  2. rainking Jul 25, 2019

I just traded mine to mdrgwl for the 60th Railmaster. Did you buy it from him? LOL
    I loved the '57 for the better part of two years and for quite some time wore it more than any other watch. Slowly but surely, though--and it took more than a year--I started to tire of it. The size and thickness suddenly got on my nerves, and I found myself reverting back to my Speedy Pro and longing for a thinner, more compact and lighter watch. I also realized I don't particularly like sapphire casebacks, anymore, either.
    All that said, I still love that watch, even if that sounds contradictory. It was SO close to being perfect for me, and for a good while it was. If it was just a little smaller and lighter, I'd still have it. Enjoy it, man, it does look great.

3. Josh Bear Jul 25, 2019

Hi

I have this one on a NATO but love your bracelet. Enjoy it, it is one of my Favs as well.

Josh

95E951D9-B2BC-4868-A8C9-6DC9CAB9A623.jpeg

4. Vix Aug 7, 2019

Beautiful piece, huge congrats. I was this close to pulling the trigger on one but since the Racing 44.5 cal. 9900 was released it became a priority. Still I very much like the '57 with its metal bezel and vintage vibe. I might add one of these two in the future., probably the first one as my Racing is white. So beautiful...

omega-speedmaster-speedmaster-57-omega-co-axial-chronograph-41-5-mm-33110425101001-l.png omega-speedmaster-speedmaster-57-omega-co-axial-chronograph-41-5-mm-33192425104001-l.png