Forums Latest Members

SPEEDMASTER '57 CHRONOGRAPH 38.6 MM 311.10.39.30.01.001

1. pattabhiraman May 31, 2020

https://www.omegawatches.com/myomega/contact-us

one could not post my complaint here hence took this platform.
    Omega Speedmaster 1957 reissue LE 3557 pieces

At the outset I am pattabhi from the Indian sub-continent. Foremost hope this finds your employees worldwide safe.
    This has in reference to the captioned Reference. I presently own the SeaMaster and the Railmaster purchased last year and wish to complete the trilogy by adding the speedy. Needless to mention earlier my 1st choice was the speedy. Since it was not available with Swatch India, I settled down with Sea and the Railmaster.

However my repeated inquiries with the dealers yielded no result with the only comment that it is "Sold"

Now this is where it becomes interesting. If an inventory is "sold out" why it is listed in your website. Well if one were to argue with the explanation that " Omega wishes to advertise its past products, it is fair. However how about adding a text it is "Sold out" .

Leave alone the above what baffles me the prices are being updated repeatedly for a product which is claimed by Swatch Group India that it is "sold out". I cannot fathom a reason for updating the prices if the product is indeed "sold out" by Omega ADs and Omega distributor - Swatch India

As a customer I feel helpless with the desire to complete my trilogy and the website showing the watch with updated prices.

Having said all this i can only hope that Omega empathize with collectors plight and address the same at once. I would be highly obliged if Omega could arrange a piece through their distributors in India.

Appreciate your swift response as one will have to activate the search in the secondary market/3rd party reseller.

Thanks very much Indeed

i have marked a mail to swatch group, Earlier I tried to post it through the service request but could not.
    I expect a response on [email protected]

Cheers
    Pattabhiraman

Edited May 31, 2020
  2. Pvt-Public May 31, 2020

I really don’t think posting you email on an open forum is a good idea

3. KingCrouchy May 31, 2020

I'm sorry but the Omegaforums aren't linked to the Swatch Group.

4. pattabhiraman May 31, 2020

right i hear you!. all my collective attempts to post it through their service link failed. hence took up this platform. besides i am voicing a concern collectively faced by watch enthusiasts alike!

cheers
    pattabhi

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 31, 2020

Plenty are available on the secondary market. They come up regularly on the FS subforums on this site. And check on WatchRecon, as that will show WUS and some other sites as well.

Omega has distributed them to AD, boutiques, etc. They do not have any at HQ. YOU need to do the legwork to find one of the many dozens that are for sale around the world.

6. pattabhiraman May 31, 2020

Thanks for your response. Fair point if Omega has distributed the entire inventory to ADs/Boutiques and thus the constant upward price revision in their website. However it is practically impossible for a customer to completely enumerate all the ADs/Boutique to score one. I guess a solution to this effect particularly for LEs to be worked upon.

As regards your 1st point it is a foregone conclusion that brand agnostic/ limited agnostic are available with 3rd party/ secondary market. The question is not that, It is much more the former towards ordering from Omega if indeed a unit piece is available

cheers
    pattabhi

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 31, 2020

Welcome to the world of LEs. The Speedmaster sold out the quickest.

Might have still looked available whilst the railmaster was still available.

Did you send the above email years ago or recently ?

8. pattabhiraman May 31, 2020

today to be precise to swatch group as one could not send it through the omega service link

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 31, 2020

I would go the 3rd party as it’s been sold out for over 3 years.

It’s probably not Ideal to still show it on their website, but you should know it’s been sold out for years if you couldn’t get one and got the other two instead.

No email to anyone is going to get you one. (Unless it’s to a seller on Chrono 24)

10. Evitzee May 31, 2020

Omega is very weak in keeping their website up to date. They still list both Speedy Tuesday editions along with the Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy, among other long sold out models. Not sure why they do this. You'll be hard pressed to find a '57 Speedmaster in any dealer's stock, you'll have to go the used or grey market route, there are plenty out there.

11. TexOmega May 31, 2020

Gotta give credit where credit is due, a unique WTB plea without privileges.

JwRosenthal and mcemeren like this.
  12. pattabhiraman Jun 1, 2020

omega can have all their watches in their website right from inception:) jokes apart they can take pride in advertising their LEs however what irks a customer they updating the prices. not sure how they would like to reason it.

for a moment if one were to assume that few pieces are unsold and lying with their ADs. can you please advise how does a customer source. this indeed is my gripe!

13. pattabhiraman Jun 1, 2020

sorry to be a last word freak. honestly this problem collectively faced by watch enthusiasts alike has to be addressed by "Bienne" office at once!

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 1, 2020

I'll get right on that!

15. Dan S Jun 1, 2020

What part of "sold out" don't you understand?

16. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 1, 2020

Sounds like the "out"...

17. ExpiredWatchdog Jun 1, 2020

You won't be. Guaranteed.

JimInOz likes this.