Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster 45th Anniversary - please ignore

1. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

I couldn't delete the tread so I've just edited this message.
    Its a lovely watch and I own one...the end

Edited Sep 11, 2015
  2. Bienne2998 Sep 11, 2015

3. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

apologies I was un aware of this.

4. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

having read the link twice, I'm still not sure what I am meant to do here. Take the thread down or amend the title and if anyone is interested speak to them directly. I would obviously happily allow full inspection in person if the buyer requested.

5. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 11, 2015

The mods can grant access to the sales forum for you as long as you ask them and meet the criteria such as having references. You might not get it but you should ask, as per the sales rules.

6. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

Thank you. Much appreciated....ebay is suddenly looking a lot simpler. Which I really do not want to use.

7. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 11, 2015

Well you could give the mods the amount you'd pay in fees to eBay and PayPal to try to grease the wheels, but I don't think it'll help :p

George.A and tpatta like this.
  8. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

a shrewd business person!!! But tend to agree, I'm not sure that would help my case.

9. ViperStripes Sep 11, 2015

Assuming you get to 200post count how do you get feedback on 2 recent sales if you can't list anything for sale?

10. abrod520 Sep 11, 2015

I had the same question.... it's kind of like the job market! To get a job these days, you have to have one already! :p

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 11, 2015

The sales/feedback does not have to be from here...

12. ViperStripes Sep 11, 2015

Would it have to be watch related or would ebay score for any items count?

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 11, 2015

My own opinion (no offense to you personally) is that all threads like this should be deleted by the mods. I say this after seeing many threads just like this one.

The rules were put in place to protect buyers here, and we see a lot of people who "mistakenly" post a for sale advert in the other forums after they find they can't do it in the sales forum. They always seem to not be aware of the rules. I would personally like to know if the mods could see if these people actually clicked on the rules threads or not - some forum software allows this level of tracking, but not sure if this site does. If the mods could tell us in the thread when the person clicked on the rules thread (before or after making a post claiming they didn't know those rules) it would tell us a lot about the potential seller.

I am not making a judgment on your thread, as some might be innocent, and some might not be. But in the end if the poster has a desirable watch I'm sure they get PM's and offers to buy, so the effort to skirt the rules is effective, and the protections put in place become somewhat moot.

Allowing these posts to be here significantly weakens the protections IMO. There are plenty of people who have played by the rules, and either been granted permission because of other sales they have made elsewhere (hopefully for watches and not just any old thing sold on eBay) and others who have bided their time, become members of the forum, and contributed to get to 200 posts instead of just using it as an expedient sales tool to avoid eBay fees.

Cheers, Al

Taddyangle and jcmartinez98 like this.
  14. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

I completely agree with you, and of course do not take it personally. I will take this thread down now.

15. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

And just for the record I my intentions were not to avoid fee's but simply to speak directly to omega enthusiasts...good day to you all.

16. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

I cant seem to delete the thread so I have amended the title and my first post....problem solved

17. ConElPueblo Sep 11, 2015

Hey MAGUIL, you seem like a nice guy - why not stick around for a while? :)
    Welcome aboard, looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

18. MAGUIL Sep 11, 2015

I'm not going anywhere...I need to get to 200 posts!

watchme, tpatta and abrod520 like this.
  19. Noisy Nova Sep 12, 2015

Good :)