Forums Latest Members
  1. Andtylertooth Apr 13, 2019

My wife just purchased a pre-owned Speedy Ref. 3511.80.00 from a reputable grey-market dealer. It was supposedly serviced before shipment but is running super fast and she needs to send it back.

I’m having a hard time finding useful info/background on this watch. I think it was a Japan market exclusive model.

Does anyone here know anything about it? I’m particularly interested in whether it is a chronometer. Thanks in advance!

69F9ECA6-7363-4A77-BD5C-D5B3A69C8105.jpeg
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 14, 2019

No, it's not a chronometer - it would say so on the dial if it was. This has a Cal. 1152 inside I believe and these were not COSC rated, although they are certainly capable of it.

I also don't believe this was a watch exclusive to Japan.

Cheers, Al

Andtylertooth and 77deluxe like this.
  3. 77deluxe Apr 14, 2019

1152 = V7750. Very capable of COSC and quite durable too. How fast is super fast?

4. Andtylertooth Apr 14, 2019

About 2.5 seconds per hour.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 14, 2019

There are a few things that could be causing this...

1 - Unless you have proof of a service being done by a reputable service center, I would take any claims made by sellers about the watch being "freshly serviced" with a very large grain of salt. If they have an invoice from a known good service provider, that is what I would call proof, not just taking their word for it. So it could be that the watch needs a service, or a proper service...

2 - The watch could be magnetized, so demagnetizing it would be a simple, non-invasive remedy that you could try.

3 - The watch could have received a shock that is hanging up the balance spring, which shortens the effective length of the spring and will cause a very fast rate.

Cheers, Al

Andtylertooth likes this.