Forums Latest Members
  1. Aeropagus Apr 13, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a Speedmaster referenced 3511.50. I originally had the triple date (as per my profile pic) but found the dial too busy. I decided to sell it and get a cleaner, panda dial in the 3511.50. I really like the look of the watch. It is sort of similar to a Speedy Tuesday. To tip it closer to a traditional Speedmaster or even Speedy Tuesday model, I wanted to do a bezel swap from the stainless steel to the black insert tachy. Does anyone know where to find a bezel of this kind, or what is the best way to approach this? I typically like keeping a watch true to its forum, but considering how varied these models are, I think it could be fun to make a dream piece, as I would love to own a speedy Tuesday but cannot justify the price.

Here is a picture of the look I'm going for taken off Reddit. A user there did the same build I'm going for.

IMG_5460.JPG
  2. ext1 Apr 13, 2019

Vercingetorix likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 13, 2019

Is it the same case as a Speedy date? That’s the question. 3513 should be the same case...

Finding the bezels the easy part.

Edited Apr 13, 2019
  4. Aeropagus Apr 13, 2019

I believe it’s the same case, therefore, I don’t think I need to purchase a different crystal. However, I have no idea where to get a Bezel. It seems like an eBay search and google search does not bring up anything.

5. Aeropagus Apr 13, 2019

Does anyone know if I need the bezel or just a Bezel insert?

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 13, 2019

If you read the linked thread it explains the process and Omega does not sell the insert by itself.

7. Aeropagus Apr 14, 2019

Looks like I need to reach out to an AD to see if they can sell me the bezel.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 14, 2019

Replace AD with watchmaker with a parts account with Omega and your on the right track.

ext1 likes this.
  9. Aeropagus Apr 14, 2019

Thank you. I’ll let you know what happens.

10. ext1 Apr 14, 2019

This does seem like the right track. :thumbsup: I actually ended up messaging the original seller off reddit (u/ruinlux) and he told me he got it done at his local AD. So, @Aeropagus let us know how it goes :)

11. Aeropagus Apr 14, 2019

Thank you! I appreciate the information. Hopefully it won’t be too expensive of a modification.

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 14, 2019

Not exactly mutually exclusive... but not all AD’s have a watchmaker.

13. Aeropagus Apr 14, 2019

Does anyone know the part number, or perhaps the best way to ask? Since local AD’s are a bit far, I’m most likely going to call in. I also am going to try local watchmakers.

14. ext1 Apr 14, 2019

Ahh, very true. I will go ask the guy where he got it done.

@Aeropagus Just have the ref number handy. If the places you ring up have a parts account they should be able to ascertain things from there I think.

15. Socrates67 May 25, 2019

16. MMariotti May 26, 2019

I didn't know Omega used ETA's. That's a disappointment

17. ext1 May 26, 2019

What? Why?

There was a dude that came a few months ago and complained about watch brands using common movements. He got riggedy-riggedy rekt by the members here...

Foo2rama and CJpickup57 like this.
  18. MMariotti May 26, 2019

Because ETAs is what you find on a Tissot, and I was under the impression that they can be considered decent quality movements but more of a budget alternative. I have been interested in watches for a couple of years alone, so I am well aware that I might be speaking out of ignorance and I welcome anyone who "reks" me with some good, solid knowledge

19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 26, 2019

Or a Tudor, a Brietling, Paneri, IWC... I can go on and that’s just 7750 movements.

ext1 likes this.
  20. ext1 May 26, 2019

Exactly. I can't seem to find the thread... there were very good arguments put forth there. I remember he opened the thread with accusing Longines of being cheap, and then it devolved into him praising chinese tourbillons, which elicited a lot of faces on palms.. Wouldn't be surprised if the thread was deleted.

I mean, to be fair @MMariotti that guy's arguments were very ill put (+ his general attitude) so that's why he got the response he got, but my point was more that there's more than just ETA stuff being 'cheap'. A lot more.