Forums Latest Members
  1. bhowells Aug 31, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a speedmaster 3510.50. There seems to be some confusion on the size of the watch. Combing through watchuseek , members were saying that although Omega claims the watch is a 35mm the watch is in fact a 39mm and omega is wrong... When I measure the watch I get 35mm and only reached 39mm if you include the crown. Is there a chance I wasn't sold a 3510? Has anyone else come across this before?

thanks

2. OWa Sep 1, 2017

It should be 39 mm.

Cheers

3. ras47 Sep 1, 2017

When Omega quotes the size of the watch they mean the diameter of the case without the crown or buttons. And it's the outside of the case, not just the dial.

IMG_2333.JPG

The red line is the measurement they're talking about.

4. simplymod Sep 2, 2017

The speedy reduced models are all 39mm (as pictured case side to side) and wear wonderfully (on the wrist they wear bigger then most would think). Its been questioned for years why Omega always listed the models as 35mm. There is no single dimension on one that measures out to a true 35mm. Redline in sample image above even is not 35mm on a speedy reduced.

IMG_7744.jpg

5. albertob Sep 2, 2017

It should be 39 mm.
    Please open the case back and check the serial :)

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 2, 2017

There is no serial number on the movement on these - will be on the outside of the case, on the case back. There's no point in opening the case to check, as doing so will require a new case back gasket, and a press to install the case back...

albertob likes this.
  7. albertob Sep 3, 2017

I see many non-pro that open the case back of these watches.
    I guess many of them don't have a press to reinstall the case back.
    What are the possible consequences of not doing so? Thanks!

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 3, 2017

The hard plastic case back gaskets that are used for these press on case backs are only meant to be used one time only. Once they have been deformed and you remove the case back after the initial installation, they don't seal properly. I suspect the people who are opening these are simply pressing the case backs on with their fingers - the fact you can do that tells you that the seal is not doing the job the way it should. A new seal will certainly require a press.

Rommel and albertob like this.
  9. WatchVaultNYC Sep 3, 2017

good info!

OP: we discussed this in WUS. The confusion is because Omega erroneously put 35.5mm on their website for years. They have now corrected in to 39mm