Forums Latest Members
  1. Malthus101 May 11, 2016

Hi Guys

I'm on the lookout for an original numbered version with copper movement.

I'm talking to a seller but he informs me that the number on the clear caseback does not match the number on the body between the lugs - he says it "probably happened at the factory" but I mean... it's far more likely a Frankenwatch isn't it?

And besides, it would probably annoy me so much that I'd never be happy with it anyway!

Perhaps I've answered my own concerns....

2. immustard A condiment that loves to chive to thyme songs May 11, 2016

Yes I think you have!there was a nice one on here a couple of months ago not sure if it's still about?

3. axl911 May 11, 2016

Just curious...Are these supposed to match? The number between the lug is/should be the serial number of the movement right?

4. wsfarrell May 11, 2016

Indeed. The lug number (serial) will be over 40 million, while the caseback number (limited edition) will be under 2,000.

5. Malthus101 May 11, 2016

Hi

The seller was referring to the limited number - ie, 0124 on the caseback, 0196 between the lugs. At least that's what it seemed to mean - it was in French ;)

Also, there is a gold movement version for sale (or was) on this site which seems to have the same box as the later released 20th anniversary of the Apollo XI limited series with the solid caseback.

I'm a little confused - what packaging did the clear caseback 345.0808s have? It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Moonwatch book.

Thanks.