Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster 2998-61 Extract and STS Service £19,500

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 13, 2019

Here is a rare opportunity to acquire a correct, serviced, documented 2998.
    2019-07-05 17-27-39 (C).jpg
    DO90 bezel
    Triangle lume Hour hands, with transverse curve.
    Dial is correct vintage in very good condition
    Pushers are original
    Crown was fitted by STS and is a correct vintage crown.

Case is lovely, correct and has been polished by Swiss Time Services to correct Omega specifications, to correct a previous poor job. This watch has a case that is better than most (Almost all?) I see offered - and these have also had some case attention but from gorillas.

img_001.jpg img_002.jpg img_003.jpg img_004.jpg img_005.jpg

Omega Extract showing delivery to Spain, 30 October 1962 (Very unusual ot get an extract for early watches, due to lack of records).

img_012.jpg

Movement was serviced.
    Dust cover is correct.
    Case back shows few marks
    2019-07-10 14-26-09 (C).jpg
    2019-07-10 14-26-57 (C).jpg
    2019-07-10 14-31-22 (C).jpg

Why am I selling?
    I still have a few (This is the fourth of six) more watches to sell to balance out the "one in one out" policy from last year. I sell this one as I am keeping a better one. Just because I have a better one doesn't mean this one is rejected, I really do have too many. I think I have a really good buyers eye, and just because I have to sell this watch doesn't mean I don't really like it - I do.

SALES TERMS
    £19,500 by transfer to My HSBC Hong Kong

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, often my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM's me with the words, "I will buy this watch now at your price" because I try my best to price my watches less than anything else I see listed to ensure a quick smooth easy sale.

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply and engage in conversation, they ask if I can do a better price - meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery
    Watch currently in UK but delivery from within USA after 25th July is possible. I use Parcel Pro where possible.

Returns
    are OK if you are really nice about it, and don't cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you. But please, if you are in two minds then do not buy. I am not a dealer and I am not on standby to accept a return. Getting a watch back to me will often involve you getting it safely back to Simon Freese in UK at your expense. So please, think hard about buying and be sure.

Price is £19,500
    Would be happy for cash face to face for this watch in UK.....otherwise transfer is no problem:
    By Bank Transfer to my HSBC account Hong Kong in £, $ or HKD against my invoice which will show all of our details all in one sheet. Please remember all charges to be borne by your side, and might be as much as £50 if your bank is as bad as some are.

Notes on my position and ethos

I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I sell my watches to make room for more that I have bought. I have been on eBay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of Speedmaster101.com and protecting my reputation is more important to me than selling off a watch. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure.

I want this watch to be your pleasure too.

img_042.jpg

MCC, viwa64, Cuttysark and 45 others like this.