Forums Latest Members

FS Speedmaster 2998-1 - but not totally 100%

1. noiseboyuk May 20, 2019

Hi All,
    Just reviving a previous sales post for my 2998-1.
    I'd decided to keep it as some financial pressures had waned, but it's now available again.
    Whilst lovely, It’s not a ‘straightforward’ watch.
    The dial is a later version, the movement has a serial number (16.6m) - earlier than the normally seen range and the crown is a later replacement.
    The movement drops into the 2915 range, but I guess if this was a very early 2998-1 it's possible that it was assembled with an earlier serial run movement. Furthermore, since my initial sales post I have been notified of other early 2998-1 that have 16m serial movements, which suggests that it may well be the original movement.
    Nonetheless – taking all of the above into consideration it’s a very nice watch – great on the wrist - runs great, keeps decent time and all functions operate correctly.
    The DON bezel is in pretty good shape and whilst the dial shows some deterioration in the lume, the printing is fine. The case has been polished in the past but still retains plenty of ‘body’.
    Being sold as ‘head only’.
    Looks brilliant on the wrist with all the 'presence' that these early Speedys command.
    I'm now pricing this at what I think is a very reasonable UK £10.500 or very near offer.
    I think this is about the right price for just the components - and with a couple of 'right' bits added it would be a substantially more valuable watch.
    I'm based in the UK and will include worldwide shipping in the price.
    Although this is mainly a cash raising exercise, I may consider part trade as long as the majority of the deal is cash.
    I’m happy to answer any questions and send additional pictures.
    Thanks for looking and to the Omega Forum for the facility.
    DSC04884.JPG DSC04886.JPG DSC04888.JPG DSC04889.JPG DSC04890.JPG DSC04891.JPG DSC04895.JPG DSC04882.JPG O34h-Omega-Speedmaster-2998.jpg

DSC04892.JPG