Forums Latest Members
  1. SpeedieMan Mar 4, 2018

Hi Guys,
    So far I am loving this watch. I do have a question regarding the reset button on the chronograph.

On the other chronographs that I have owned, if the chrono was running and you pushed the bottom button the timer did a split (it would show how much time had elapsed to when you pressed it, and when you pressed it again, it would fast forward to where you are now had you never pressed the button in the first place).

Does the Speedie do this? I read someplace that you shouldn't push the bottom button (the reset button) while the chrono is running. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

2. 77deluxe Mar 4, 2018

Speedy does not do that. I don’t think (but I’m not an expert) pushing the bottom pusher does anything bad or at all other than reset when the chrono has been paused.

3. flw history nerd Mar 4, 2018

I'm not certain, but I wouldn't push the reset button before stopping the timer function. I don't think you can measure splits with the caliber 1861.

4. alam Mar 4, 2018

Foo2rama and thatonewatchdude like this.
  5. gixxer47 Mar 4, 2018

Do not push the "reset" pusher without pushing the "start/stop" pusher first to stop the chronograph on the 1861 movement (other lemania and omega movements as well but I won't go in detail). Doing so will apparently damage the chronograph mechanism.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 4, 2018

It won’t let you unless you press very hard, and I assume break the piece that prevents you from doing it, then cause issues with the movement.

Lap/split time is pretty rare in mechanical watches . More common while still uncommon is ratappante which has 2 Chrono hands one can be stopped to provide lap/split times. Both Complications are found in much more expensive movements.

Caliber561 likes this.
  7. Caliber561 Mar 5, 2018

@Foo2rama is right - there's a piece on the dial-side of the movement which will not engage properly when the chronograph is running. Unless you smack the bottom pusher with a hammer or something like that, the pusher will simply not "push" and that's how it's supposed to be. :p

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. gixxer47 Mar 5, 2018

Good to know. It's something that I wouldn't have even tried to do. Haha. Do you know if that also applies to the 9300 and 9900 movements as well?

9. Shailor Mar 6, 2018

I'm not aware of any of those movements that allow for split timing. Just buy a second Speedmaster!

10. SpeedieMan Mar 6, 2018

already did.. this is the "now that i have it, how does it work?" section

11. FreelanceWriter Mar 6, 2018

You need any of a dozen $200 Seikos for that: Seikos.jpg

12. SpeedieMan Mar 6, 2018

why stop there.. any swatch chrono does it too.. but, after a few years, the Swatch goes in the drawer and you move on to bigger and better, right?

13. gixxer47 Mar 6, 2018

I know the 9300 and 9900 are not ratrappante movements. I was wondering if those 2 movements won't allow for the reset pusher to be pushed easily while the chronograph is running.

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 6, 2018

You can google the manual and look it up :thumbsup: