Forums Latest Members
  1. timestamp Jul 14, 2016

Hi everybody,

I'm new here, first real post - hi all!

I have a question that seems easy, but I have found some contradicting answers so far (also on this board), so bear with me, please ;)

I am offered a 145.022-69 Straight Writing. Overall condition, originality, and price makes me consider buying it. The catch: The tachymeter bezel is a modern (post '90s) replacement.

I would be ok with finding an original 70s "tall letters" bezel and replacing it, however I am not sure anymore it will definitely fit. I would have answered "yes" so far, but have found some opinions that this might be a problem?

What is your experience? Thanks!

2. Kwijibo Jul 14, 2016

Hello Timestamp and welcome.
    The bezel will fit. The hardest part will be to find one. forunatly it's a DN90, easier to find.

3. timestamp Jul 14, 2016

Thank you! Yes, DNN - with a DON, that would indeed not be... economical. :D

But a DNN "Tall Letters" in decent condition should go for well below 1k, is this guess correct? Because that then would be ok with the overall price of the package on offer.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 14, 2016

5. timestamp Jul 14, 2016

Ah :) Thanks for the heads up @Spacefruit , but that's covered. In fact your site has been on my (almost daily) reading list for over a year while looking for Speedies.

Fantastic work, thanks!