Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster 145.022-74 - Serviced - 1171/633 bracelet - £2800

1. ewand Jun 28, 2017

Here's a bit of a catch & release for me - I thought it would make a nice "daily" wearer Speedmaster, but only after having it for a little while did it occur to me that it's competing with my other Speedies for time on the wrist, and will generally lose out. It's an honest watch that deserves to get some attention from a new loving owner.

The tl;dr summary - it's a 145.022-74 with serial 3132xxxx; the case is not perfect but there's nothing to hide and it's never been polished - the photos show every blemish as much as I can make them. It comes on a period correct bracelet with the correct DNN bezel and a receipt from its very recent service.

I'm looking for £2,800 net to me including UK delivery. International postage can be arranged at buyer's expense.
    I'll thank you for any offers, but the first person who comes up with the full amount gets the watch.

speedmaster ad (1).JPG

The longer version

It's a -74 Speedmaster, serial 3132xxxx, and I believe the hands & dial to be original and the case unpolished. There are a few scuffs on the outside of the case (desk diver type marks) but it's otherwise crisp and original. It presumably has had a replacement crystal in the distant past as there's no sign of an Omega logo on the crystal. The hands have a nice colouration to them, though the lume on the dial hasn't gone the same colour - in some lights, it has more of a greeny than yellowy hue. The bezel is correct and in good condition with only a few minor marks. The photos were taken under lightly diffused LED lighting so it's a little more stark than natural daylight.

IMG_9847.JPG

speedmaster ad (6).JPG

speedmaster ad (7).JPG

speedmaster ad (8).JPG

speedmaster ad (9).JPG

The watch comes on a 1171/633 Novolink bracelet (stamped 633 end links but with an extra cutout, which I guess means they're later - and the bracelet is not original to this watch but is in period, ie. it's not a modern 1171/1). This bracelet came to me on my -71 ex-Spacefruit Speedy a few years ago, but I've since acquired a 1039 bracelet which I've put on that watch, and the 1171 can go with this one.

speedmaster ad (3).JPG

speedmaster ad (11).JPG

speedmaster ad (10).JPG

It's just been serviced by Simon Freese, who commented that it hadn't been opened for a very long time (which might, he thought, explain why the dial has not discoloured as there's been no moisture ingress) but it's now clean as a whistle and working as you'd expect.

speedmaster ad (5) - Copy.JPG

speedmaster ad (4).JPG

I have a little selling experience here (example) but plenty of buyers references, ebay buyer & seller history etc. Contact me if you'd like more details. I'm a collector for my own enjoyment, so don't buy & sell watches for profit - I've only sold a handful, ever, though recent acquisitions and the waning of Mrs D's patience means that may have to change a bit more.

Edited Jun 28, 2017
  2. tyrantlizardrex Jun 28, 2017

I really like this one Ewan - GLWS.

ewand likes this.
  3. ewand Jun 28, 2017

cheers Chris - ironically, it's nowhere near as nice as my Mark II that nobody wants, but hey ho :)

George.A, JohnSteed, jB1128 and 2 others like this.
  4. neilfrancis Jun 28, 2017

Now, that is nice. GLWS.

5. ewand Jul 1, 2017

A few nibbles so far but nobody has yet uttered the magic words.
    I'll be in Washington DC for a few days early next week, if anyone in the US feels like doing a deal and making it easy to get the watch to you :)

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. ewand Jul 6, 2017

Sold, thanks to OF for the platform :) And to the new owner of this and the Mark II, welcome to the world of vintage Omega ;-)

Kmart, Ricbo2010, Lonestar and 7 others like this.
  7. tyrantlizardrex Jul 7, 2017

That's ace Ewan! Congrats to both you and the new owner. :thumbsup:

ewand, nonuffinkbloke and hugoafonso like this.
  8. Ricbo2010 Jul 7, 2017

Congratulations Ewan, a nice sale and a good purchase!

ewand likes this.