Forums Latest Members
  1. Slo084 Dec 7, 2017

So I came across this listing. Everything looks correct from what I can see from the pics. Only thing that im unsure of is the movement. Does anything seem off to you all?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/322926959652Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. gdupree Dec 8, 2017

Saw that one. Looks like lots of the movement colors don't match. He say's it underwent factory Omega service, which we know well that they don't have much regard for preservation.

Otherwise it looks pretty good. Ask if he has proof the service and a record what was done. I would also want photos in more normal lighting vs. this studio lighting that washes parts out and makes it difficult to see some aspects.

3. OddSpeedy Dec 8, 2017

Serials good, it has the steel brake, clutch bridge has the beveled edges, and the gears are the bright brass ones, so that all checks out with MWO. Could just be the lighting but I'm seeing what @gdupree means... that big bottom plate doesn't seem to be as copper colored as some other components. Minute hand is a different color than the other hands. Case obviously recently touched up.

I find it to be a pretty attractive watch.

..... but what kind of monster photographs it on a vintage Speedy box, then lists it with no accessories!!!

4. Slo084 Dec 8, 2017

No Kidding!

The watch does look attractive to me. Only concern is the originality of the movement parts. I assume its safe to say some of the parts might have been replaced during service? Thanks for the verification guys!

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 8, 2017

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 8, 2017

My guess is that the movement parts are all fine. The grain finish applied to the plates changes depending on which part of the movement that you are looking at, and this often results in photos that makes the plates look very different to each other when they really are not. This is more apparent in lower light conditions, compared to very bright lighting that will tend to even things out.

If the main barrel and wheel train bridge had been replaced (the large bridge that covers 2/3 of the movement) it would be very pink in colour.

Slo084 and abrod520 like this.