Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster 145.022-69 w/ 220 bezel - 45 years old today

1. kox Jan 15, 2016

Since I got my own birthday watch (produced 11 days before this) I’m letting this one go. And why not on it’s 45th birthday;-) So here’s the chance if your birthday is today, this month or this year. Or if you just want a nice authentic and honest 145.022-69 with the 220 bezel.

So here we go:
    Speedmaster 145.022-69, produced on the 15th of January 1971, delivered to Italy.
    And with the serial 31006660 - it really is a fine beast ::rimshot::

All key parts are correct and authentic to my knowledge and correspond to a late 145.022-69 reference, as do the serial number and production date which are within the range specified by the “Moonwatch Only” book incl. the updated range for the B2bis 220 misprint bezel.
    Even the old crown (correct type A2) is present and perhaps the crystal is also authentic. Looks like one of the old logo’s in the center, but quite hard to make out. One of the pushers seems to have been replaced. The bottom pusher is clearly a different size than the top one.

Service history is unknown to me. I only owned the watch for about 6 month’s and have not worn it. The cal. 861 is however running fine. I’ve timed it over a week and it loses about 15-20 sec a day. Power reserve is about 40 hours +. Winding action is smooth, but a bit loose. Chrono starts, runs and resets as it should – back to zero on all hands. I replaced the gasket on the backside with a new one, after I opened it to take pictures, but since it has the old crown and properly old gaskets in crown and pushers plus an old crystal present, I would strongly recommend a service - especially if it is going to be a daily wearer. In the present state it is by no means waterproof.
    Please take this into account and the above is my amateur assessment - I'm by no means a watchmaker.

Lume on hands and the stepped dial looks untouched to my eyes. A bit crumbled, but still very nice. On the hands, the intact lume is darker than on the dial. This is quite normal and very often seen on these 69’s. Hands have some of the white paint flaking/missing in some places.

The case has scratches and small dings as can be seen in the pictures. Case back is worn, but engraving is still uniform and all present. Don't know if it has been polished, but don't look like it.

The 220 bezel is very nice with only small scratches and dings. There’s a small part of the paint missing at “67” as pictured.

Pictures are part of the description, so please study them and if you need more or some with other angles/focus shown, let me know.

Sold as head only with the extract from Omega archieves and nothing else.
    Price is 3.666 euro excl. shipping cost. Not interested in any trades at the moment.
    Will only ship insured. If buyer prefer to arrange pick-up this also apply. Watch is located in Denmark. Method of shipping and payment to be agreed upon.I’m a private seller and don’t accept returns, unless the watch isn’t as described. Recommonations upon request. Both for the seller and buyer ;)

Thanks OF… and rock on;-)

1 15.jpg
    2 15.jpg
    3 15.jpg
    4 15.jpg
    5 15.jpg
    6 15.jpg
    6a 15.jpg
    7 15.jpg
    8 15.jpg
    9 15.jpg
    10 15.jpg
    11 15.jpg
    12 15.jpg
    13 15.jpg
    14 15.jpg
    15 15.jpg
    16 15.jpg
    17 15.jpg
    18 15.jpg

JohnSteed, Purple Art, flame and 17 others like this.
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 15, 2016

Very nice example. GLWS

kox likes this.
  3. kox Jan 17, 2016

thanks...:)

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 18, 2016

If the Loonie didn't suck, this would be so gone already.

5. kox Jan 18, 2016

Reasonable offers from good members are allways welcome ..;-)

ping pong patina and oddboy like this.
  6. kox Jan 27, 2016

SOLD. Thanks to the buyer and OF.

JohnSteed and oddboy like this.