Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster 145.022-69 Straight Writing £4,500 Serviced & Extract of the archives

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 20, 2019

Here is a very nice example of the Straight Writing 145.022-69 With extract and STS Omega service, guaranteed for two years.

2019-04-20 11-37-00 (C).jpg

Currently in UK so a face to face in UK would be ideal, but if you can wait then I will be in USA in May and I can insure parcel pro from there at your cost.

Straight Writing Back. Almost none of the original black paint is present. The edge of the case back was polished to remove some light engraving.

2019-04-20 11-49-15 (C).jpg

Bracelet is a 1171/1 and appears very little used. The 1171/1 is a service bracelet and so this is not original to the watch. It is one of the older versions with the pressed square logo.

img_006.jpg img_007.jpg

r 2019-04-19 19-44-49 (C).JPG R2019-04-19 20-19-03 (C).JPG R 2019-04-19 12-42-20 (C).JPG R 2019-04-19 12-38-21 (C).JPG

Just serviced by Swiss Time Services and comes with a two year guarantee.

Extract of the Archives shows delivery to Italy on 7 February 1974
    P1010007.jpg

Correct dust cover, and inner case back

r 2019-04-20 12-15-48 (C).JPG
    Movement in Great condition, and with a two year guarantee:
    2019-04-20 12-22-57 (C).jpg

Why am I selling?

I have another example of this reference and so I am selling this one. (The other has B&P's). I cannot find a better, cheaper example on the market.

SALES TERMS

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, most of the time my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM's me with the words, "I will buy this watch now at your price".

I try my best to price my watches less than anything else I see listed to ensure a quick smooth easy sale.

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply, they ask if I can do a better price - meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery
    can often be facilitated almost anywhere. This watch is currently in UK, and I will be at T4P in London on Tuesday 23rd April. Face to Face is preferred on this one, or at least UK sale.

Returns
    are OK if you are really nice about it, and don't cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you. But please, if you are in two minds then do not buy. I am not a dealer and I am not on standby to accept a return. Getting a watch back to me will often involve you getting it safely back to Simon Freese in UK at your expense. So please, think hard about buying and be sure.

Payment- Price is £4500
    Is by Bank Transfer to my HSBC account Hong Kong in £, $ or HKD against my invoice which will show all of our details all in one sheet. Cash Fto Face is OK too.

Notes on my position and ethos

I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I sell my watches to make room for more that I have bought. I have been on eBay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of Speedmaster101.com and protecting my reputation is more important to me than selling off a watch. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure.

2019-04-14 20-47-42 (C).jpg

Edited Apr 20, 2019
    mr_yossarian, AdamS, RMA and 25 others like this.
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 26, 2019

Gentlemen thank you all for the interest - the watch is sold, and as I am still receiving inquiries despite the OHPF change I thought it better to say it is gone to California.

George.A, AdamS, Ian_km and 1 other person like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 26, 2019

Changing the title to sold might also help...the title now indicates it is on hold, but not sold...

CoDiffe, wx_073, sdre and 2 others like this.