Speedmaster 145.012-67, questions regarding the movement??/Question to Dan S!

Hi Forum Folks,
It's time again for som questions regarding a watch that I am looking at....🤦

The seller states that its NOT working, but can't share more...
I have attached a few pictures from him, and my question is if you people could see something obvious that
is damaged or defect?
I do know that this is "A Tall Ask", but do take a try?😀
And if successful with buying the watch, it will need a complete service etc anyway..

Thanks!!

699 (13).JPG 699 (12).JPG 699 (10).JPG 699 (9).JPG
Edited:

Judging by the screws and lack of watchmakers marks I assume this movement has not been worked on very much. I assume that a service will solve the problems

6D67187E-5673-4982-83B3-C7C8505D72DF.png 🙁
Judging by the screws and lack of watchmakers marks I assume this movement has not been worked on very much. I assume that a service will solve the problems
Thanks mate!
Found one watchmaker mark,
but hopefully the service would do the deal?
And look at the gasket..😲
I only hope nothing is broken…

I only hope nothing is broken…
One of my first thoughts was it could be a broken mainspring. But, all I can do is speculate, which wouldn’t be super helpful haha. If the price is right and the rest of the watch is attractive to you, it could be worth while.

A service should be sufficient to fix the watch, provided your watchmaker is capable of working on a 321. Just be aware that it'll probably set you back about 800-1000 USD, and the watch will likely be out of your hands for several months.

If the movement is correct, as long as there’s no corrosion or severely frankened/missing/damaged pieces, I’d assume a good service, possibly with some new parts, will sort it out. Wouldn’t stop me buying it if everything else checks out.

A service should be sufficient to fix the watch, provided your watchmaker is capable of working on a 321. Just be aware that it'll probably set you back about 800-1000 USD, and the watch will likely be out of your hands for several months.
Service is always in the balance when looking at these watches...
And we have Simone Freese!!
😀

Maybe the seller thinks it is quartz? It happens! No views shown of the complete watch. Movement only, How might we be able to offer meaningful help? You’re pretty much on your own. It seems you are aware the watch will need a service if you grab it. All should then be known.

Maybe the seller thinks it is quartz? It happens! No views shown of the complete watch. Movement only, How might we be able to offer meaningful help? You’re pretty much on your own. It seems you are aware the watch will need a service if you grab it. All should then be known.
I have had a seller once with exacty that thought regarding the movement!
But on this one, he does know its a Speedy, but no answers regarding my questions on the movement..
And my question here was if any seasoned pros might see something on the movement pics that was broken or defect…
Balance wheel or something else..?
Thats one word that I have learned..🤦
I think the parts are matching/correct and hopefully not tampered with?
The rest of the watch is kind of nice-isch..😀

Hans, do you have any picture of the dial 🍿 ?

Hans, do you have any picture of the dial 🍿 ?

Here you have it Romain!, this is a watch that I think you would have loved?
The lumeplots are lovely, but the auction house was not the best, and could not help me at all regarding the condition of the dial.
They tried to write a condition report (which took 5 emails back and forth...), and stated that the bezel rotated freely??
But they finally wrote that the watch didn't work.

But to be honest, I did biding on this one, but somebody else really really wanted it (maybe you...??😀).

I was actually thinking of doing a post on this one also, but maybe next week??

The hammer landed at 6400 € /6900 $ + 20 % premium!!

Take care!!

Hans

699 (2).JPG 699 (1).JPG

You already know me so well my friend !
Indeed, I like it ! I was not the other guy though.

I think that after a gentle clean + service, this gonna be a killer 145.012. I love the jet-black oily dial of some 145.012s, it gives such a special look to the watch. This one is a good example of such a dial.

By the way, I think the price was about OK.

You will find another one Hans, I know it 👍😉

Cheers !

It feels to me that the OP has started dozens of threads asking the members to vet Speedmasters for him in public and then he never wins the auction. He is wasting time and costing other people money by publicizing auctions for no reason. Maybe he is a nice person, but personally, I find it tiresome.

Do you see many other people posting photos and asking questions about active auctions? While OF does not have a rule against it like some forums, I think that some discretion is warranted. I did it once myself and had my hand slapped by senior members, but at least I paid up and won the auction.

Perhaps it's time to rethink your approach. Either bid seriously or stop spoiling auctions for other members.
Edited:

Dear @Dan S ,

I do think you are a bit harsh now, most of my posts have been written when the auctions have ended.
The intentions with these was to share my feelings, my researches etc regarding the hunt for them.
In some cases I haven't felt secure enough, and then did postings regarding my questions...
I do understand if you think I might post a lot, but HEY that me....!

Please do take your time and follow my older posts, and you might see that I have had a few successful purchases?
I do think that sharing with the Forum about my watches, my questions, the hunt for them,
and also the outcome of my hunts is appreciated here?

Dear @Dan S ,

I do think you are a bit harsh now, most of my posts have been written when the auctions have ended.
The intentions with these was to share my feelings, my researches etc regarding the hunt for them.
In some cases I haven't felt secure enough, and then did postings regarding my questions...
I do understand if you think I might post a lot, but HEY that me....!

Please do take your time and follow my older posts, and you might see that I have had a few successful purchases?
I do think that sharing with the Forum about my watches, my questions, the hunt for them,
and also the outcome of my hunts is appreciated here?

Yes, this is harsh, but you're a big boy. I am not interested in researching your history to unearth a few purchases, assuming they even exist. I generally don't comment on your posts, who cares about yet another watch that you didn't win. We all lose auctions, I can't believe you think we care. In case you haven't noticed, people generally post about watches they purchased, not watches they failed to purchase. It's just not very interesting, IMO. But if you really want to start thread after thread about auctions you lose ... ok.

But when you post about active auctions publicly, you should understand that you are crossing a line and potentially hurting yourself as well as others. If you are hunting for bargains, publicizing an auction to the largest worldwide group of Speedmaster collectors is not the smartest approach. People are very good at finding auctions when they try. Since you seem very friendly with some members, perhaps you can get advice by PM, like everyone else.
Edited:

Yes, this is harsh, but you're a big boy. I am not interested in researching your history to unearth a few purchases, assuming they even exist. I generally don't read your posts or comment, who cares about yet another watch that you didn't win. We all lose auctions, I can't believe you think we care, but if you really want to start thread after thread about auctions you lose ... ok. In case you haven't noticed, people generally post about watches they purchased, not watches they failed to purchase. It's just not very interesting, IMO.

But when you post about active auctions publicly, you should understand that you are crossing a line. Since you seem very friendly with some members, perhaps you can get advice by PM, like everyone else.
Wow....

I did not now that my posts bothered you so much?
Are you actually meaning that doing posts on active auctions are a NoNO...?

Wow....

I did not now that my posts bothered you so much?
Are you actually meaning that doing posts on active auctions are a NoNO...?

As he said: no rule against it here, it might just not be the most sensible thing to do.

OF has a large and very specific audience. Chances are a certain watch, maybe offered by a small auction house, gets 10x the interest after it was discussed here, especially if the consensus is that it’s legit. The auction result will be significantly higher and someone from around here who found the auction by putting in the legwork won’t be happy.

Discussing an auction after it ended is a completely different story.

It's fine to post active Auctions for dodgy and partly fake Watches to save so called Newbies from costly mistakes....

As he said: no rule against it here, it might just not be the most sensible thing to do.

OF has a large and very specific audience. Chances are a certain watch, maybe offered by a small auction house, gets 10x the interest after it was discussed here, especially if the consensus is that it’s legit. The auction result will be significantly higher and someone from around here who found the auction by putting in the legwork won’t be happy.

Discussing an auction after it ended is a completely different story.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

I actually checked my older posts..(still in Greece so lots of sparetime!).
And most posts are done after the auctions have ended,
There are a few that I did during the upcoming auction, but these were posted with no ’trace’ to the auction (hopefully..).

Except of the 2915-1, The Skåne auction!
But to be honest, there were more senior and estemed
members who made posts and blogs on this one!

But if I managed to sabotage some Forum members gameplan with my posts - I do sincerly apoligise!

Cheers and take care!