Forums Latest Members

speedmaster 125, a journey from average to excellent

1. TsoloT Oct 26, 2017

This is the other one C0CE0CF6-3D58-4025-B02B-D5C5517799DE.jpeg

2. TsoloT Oct 26, 2017

Tony has to be the best resource for this kind of thing l Don’t believe anybody in the UK has his depth of experience

3. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 26, 2017

Thanks Stuart, yep it was the one I found for you which set me off hunting for one myself! Yours looks great with the decimal crystal by the way

I’ve had a few which turned out to be dogs and then this one cropped up in Ebay for less than £1K and I leapt! Tony repaired in and all in it still stands me at less than an average one would!

Very very pleased

palatine and TsoloT like this.
  4. ewand Oct 26, 2017

Like the 125, I think the Speedy Mark II looks a lot better when refinished and STS did a great job on mine.

before & after...
    [​IMG]

5. TsoloT Oct 26, 2017

Very good buy well done as always ...put the decimal on as the glass had a small scratch ...thanks

6. palatine Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I get what you’re saying and tbh. The tele has a nicer aesthetic quality
    STS have once again worked their magic on this piece.
    Fantastic result.

Ps in the early stages of my omega obsession I bought my “birth year “ 71 speedy off you about 9 years ago.
    We had a phone conversation about Omega’s and we discussed the PloProf’s
    You told me how yours often accompanied you on holiday. And now here I sit, on holiday in Florida, wearing mine.

7. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 26, 2017

Brilliant news, it’s really funny I was thinking about your speedy just the other day as I found some pics of it.

Mine is my go to holiday watch, it’s one of the corner stones of my collection and such a brilliant thing, like the 125 not the most understated of beasts

Enjoy Florida

palatine likes this.