Forums Latest Members
  1. Seamaster66 Dec 11, 2015

Could you please look at the 1) Dial and 2) damage of the house (right upper lug) or 3) other things.

1) Seems to me a strange dial (no concentric rings at the 60 minute hand and on the 30 minute and hour hands I count 34 concentric rings. On all other dials there are less rings. Also the SWISS MADE text is loose from the minute markers.
    2) The damage on the house was created by a metal drill (removing the bracelet on the front of the watch). End link nr. 16 is scrap. :( Can the house be fixed?
    3) Other things (old hands are included and one pusher is longer)

1) Dial correct (issue concentric rings)?
    $_57.JPG

1) Dial correct (issue SWISS MADE text)?
    $_57 (1).JPG
    2) Can house be repaired?
    Beschadiging t.g.v. geboord gat in rechterpoot-1.jpg
    2) Can house be repaired?
    Beschadiging t.g.v. geboord gat in rechterpoot-2.jpg
    Can you please write your comments, so it will be easier to make a decision of keeping it or not.
    $_57 (7).JPG
    $_57 (6).JPG
    $_57 (8).JPG
    Kind regards,
    Eric

2. marturx Dec 12, 2015

All in all a perfectly OK specimen. 105.012-65. Nice dial. 2 issues with the case, the drill hole as you point out, plus the polished caseback. Both issues can be lived with though. See to it that the originals hands are reinstalled if possible. Adjust also the upper pusher. Both seems to be the original ones.

It's a very nicely aged face on this one, the bezel included, which makes it a good daily beater :thumbsup:

3. Seamaster66 Dec 12, 2015

Thank you very much marturx.
    I noticed a real nice dial but according the "Moonwatch only" book I had my doubts. The SWISS MADE text should be touching the minute markers and checking the watch more in detail I was missing the concentric rings behind the 60 minute hand.
    Should I repair the hole by welding the House?

4. mac_omega Dec 12, 2015

A laser welding would be appropriate in this case - I could not stand this hole - you look on the watch too often during a day...

5. Seamaster66 Dec 12, 2015

Nice to get some good advise, thank you mac_omega.
    Yes, the hole is a real pain in the ass. I just went to a shop and they were able to help me out and fixing this issue by laser welding the house. Next week I will hear what the damage (i.e. price) would be....

6. wwhntr Dec 12, 2015

Dial appears to be a type B2. Close T...see Moonwatch Only.