Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster (105-012-65) sub dial concentric circles ?

1. speedyfan65 Jun 10, 2016

Hi all-

Just wonder if you can help concerning the sub dial concentric circles. It's my first post and haven't had any luck via searching or looking through moonwatch only.

Have been looking at a few vintage speedmasters and have noticed a few can have very faint or even missing concentric circles. Appreciate that in photographs they can disappear but I was wondering if you find what looks like an all original watch, one that passes all the age appropriate usual checks and comparisons to the MWO book regarding dial design, t swiss t printing, tritium still in place etc but has absolutely no signs of the concentric rings should it ring alarm bells?

Are these dials more readily visible due to a thinness of painted surface, or perhaps a different dial manufacturer.

Especially interested In late 65 dated casedback vintage, so any comments on that variant specifically would be good.

Would appreciate people's thoughts and time...

By the way - great forum - refreshing to see one without all the usual negative comments and in fighting

Thanks all

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 10, 2016

3. speedyfan65 Jun 10, 2016

:0)

Didn't see that page and thought I'd read that site cover to cover - clearly need to work on my research skills....