Forums Latest Members
  1. Seamaster66 Jun 5, 2016

Hello O.F.-members and viewers,

I have a Speedmaster 105.012-65 wit a strange Dial and I would like to know if it is a correct Dial or a fake one.
    The concentric rings are missing with the seconds sub-dial (I will try to take pictures) and the text "T SWISS MADE T" is loose from the minutes markers which is strange by the "Close T"-version but normal by the "Spaced T version"..
    1.jpg

Could you please explain?

Kind regards,
    Eric

2. JohnSteed Jun 5, 2016

Eric - high resolution pics will help so when you get a chance. Had to dig out my copy of MWO underneath a mountain of boxes

From what I can tell, this seems a B2 close T dial per position of the T on each side of swiss made. However 'swiss made' seems positioned a bit lower than I'd expect. See here -

image.jpg

Again, detailed pics will give a better view, but, seems the G in OMEGA should have a longer horizontal length than in your pic, and I think should look like this to be the B2 type dial typical for 1964-1967 Pro dial -

image.jpg

I've not seen a dial for this reference without the concentric rings (seconds counter)

Sure other will have further/ better comment as there can be other observations and examples seen/known by more experienced (and esteemed) OF members

Run the chrono a few seconds before taking better pics so there be full views of the lettering

Cheers

grizzlycanuck likes this.
  3. TNTwatch Jun 5, 2016

Looks similar to the grey/blue dial type.

4. Javi22 Jun 5, 2016

::popcorn::

5. Seamaster66 Jun 5, 2016

Hi,

This is about the missing concentric rings....

Rest is coming.....

6. Seamaster66 Jun 5, 2016

Oeps,

Wrong button:
    Conc.rings.JPG
    And the G:
    IMG_8204.JPG

Sorry about the waiting....

7. Seamaster66 Jun 6, 2016

BUMP....

8. trackpad Jun 6, 2016

Fascinating issue, there has been a lot of discussion about how these rings seem to vary from virtually non-existent to very visible and pronounced across different dials and references. I can understand why it's made you nervous in conjunction with the T space issues...but (without really being qualified to know) it seems to me more like a case of a Monday morning / understudy dial-job than a redial or outright fake.

9. Seamaster66 Jun 6, 2016

Thank you guys for the answers :thumbsup:.... and it seems that the Dial is original..... :rolleyes:

10. Cal_321 Jun 6, 2016

Lucky guy, seems to be a rare thing ;-)

Seamaster66 likes this.
  11. OmegaCal66 Jun 7, 2016

I don't want to jump the gun here but you have now put the watch for sale in the private sales forum and headlined it as FS Omega Speedmaster 105.012-65 with rare Dial. Now as the OF is a place of safe refuge in the world of watch buying intrigue it may be seen as slightly misleading to people with little Speedie knowledge to say your watch has a rare feature when so far yours is the only one with this feature. It might be an idea to wait a little to verify your rare features with the experts before using them as selling point. Normally a one off is either a prototype, faulty or altered.
    I now going to have to get out my speedies and count the rings as never heard that before?

12. Pianist A 12 inch WHAT?!?!? Jun 7, 2016

Sorry but this is NOT a rare dial.

Spacefruit likes this.
  13. Seamaster66 Jun 7, 2016

Thank you for the commenttOmegaCal66 and Pianist, but the reason to put this thread on .Vintage Omega Watches Help, Discussion and Advice was this strange Dial. After a little while
    . I put this for sale... and more than a little time after this I received your comment ??? It has to be determined how to define rare, very rare and extremely rare.