Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster 105.012-65 £7100

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 28, 2017

Omega Speedmaster 105.012-65
    Serial Number: 22826048
    £7100.00 bank wire and delivery included USA / UK
    Face to Face welcome
    Watch currently in UK until Tuesday, then USA.

1-P3280026.jpg
    A very rare -65 example, with interesting and attractive patina.

Provenance:
    Bought by me at Antiquorum in 2015. I added a correct bezel, and serviced at Swiss Tec on T45891 dated 25/02/2016 at a cost of £562.60. Kept in a temperature and humidity controlled environment since.

Condition:
    Entirely correct. Pushers and crown and crystal (and bezel) were replaced at service but the original crown was retained.

Upon purchase hands were all wrong. I sourced correct hands and Simon Freese repainted them to all match each other. No work was done on the dial - which is spectacular.

Serviced and corrected by Swisstec on T45891.

Very rare close spaced T SWISS T mark dial, correct for an early watch.
    1-P3280011-001.jpg
    I saw it in the auction, rather in a rather sorry state as it had the wrong bezel, the wrong hands, and it did not run - It just needed a service - and now it is lovely. The dial is what drew me to it as it has a lovely patina, that gives a hint of brown. This is from the tiny brown flecks of colour on the dial, that are hard to see with the eye, but the camera highlights.

1-P3280036-002.jpg

1-P3280028.jpg
    Here you can see the correct service pushers.

1-P3280045.jpg
    And the rear showing the double step case back:

1-P3280054.jpg

Here are some more side shots:

1-P3280055.jpg

1-P3280065.jpg

Case back shows 105.012-65, and a few service marks. The dust cover is correct vintage type.

1-P3280021-002.jpg
    Movement is lovely - well it would be after service. Check the state of the column wheel and the screw heads, which are undamaged.

1-P3280045-001.jpg

What is wrong with this watch?

Nothing is wrong, but there are some criticisms:

The dial is patinated with tiny brown spots - perhaps a halfway to full brown (But this will not decay further in my experience - the decay always happens in the early part of the dials life). Some will like it and some will not. I love it.

The movement has had several services, including one under my supervision - which is the one that counts.

The pushers are service, but correct.

The DO90 is not brilliant, but it is correct.

So not much wrong as I say.

1-P3280062.jpg

Strap is a hand made leather strap, that has only been used while I wore this for a few days to check it is all correct. (Even serviced watches need to be checked).

SALES TERMS

I only sell to refocus my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I have been on ebay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of Speedmaster101.com and protecting my reputation is more important to me than selling off a watch. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure. I have been selling several lower value watches to fund some recent high value purchases.

Price includes delivery in the USA and UK, and will include delivery elsewhere unless you have some expensive needs. I can usually help with delivery.

Returns are welcome if you don't cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you.

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, most of the time my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM's me with the words, "I will buy this watch now at your price".

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply, they ask if I can do a better price - meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Payment
    Payment by Bank Transfer is required for these larger amounts, I propose we both exchange ID copies and speak by phone to feel comfortable. Face to face is always welcome. Paypal is expensive, and leaves the seller vulnerable to chargebacks. If you feel you need this sort of protection from me, I completely understand, but will happily work with you until you do, rather than use paypal.

Edited Mar 28, 2017
    jB1128, TNTwatch, nalexi and 10 others like this.
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 28, 2017

Daylight shot:

IMG_0515.JPG IMG_0521.JPG

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 28, 2017

And Sold

4. KstateSkier Mar 28, 2017

Damn that was fast! Nice watch BTW

Spacefruit likes this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Mar 28, 2017

Blimey that was fast!

Congrats to both buyer and seller. :cool:

6. ac106 Mar 28, 2017

Jesus what took so long!

7. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Mar 28, 2017

Congrats to buyer and seller

Spacefruit likes this.
  8. mr_yossarian Mar 28, 2017

Congrats, that was so quick, couldn't even check my funds..

Spacefruit likes this.