Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster 105.012-64 $9,800 with Extract

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 31, 2019

One came in so one goes out....(Actually three came in - I cannot help it)

PC180038-001.jpg

This is a very nice good looking watch that is not top quality, but is very attractive and all issues are declared.

Extract of the Archives showing :
    • Serial 22083993
    • 18 June 1965
    • Netherlands Antilles
    It appears all correct with the possible exception of the crown, which if not original, is a close or, service replacement.

PC160001-004.jpg

Case sides have been polished, and has lost a little definition, but it is not bad at all.

PC160002-003.jpg

PC160003-003.jpg

Hands look good. I have seen this before on vintage, and as the definition is so good, (no paint slop) I think these are original.

PC160005-003.jpg

Nice fat neck pushers.

PC160006-002.jpg

All the recent talk of crowns has me confused, and I cannot promise this is original. But the pushers are, from my experience.

The inner case back marked 105.012-64

PC160010-002.jpg

Original dust cover.

PC160012-001.jpg

Movement has no documented service. However when I offered it to Simon Fresse to service two months ago he said it was not required. So I will personally guarantee this for six months. All you have to do is get it to Simon in UK and I will pay for the service.

Movement is in very good condition with screw heads all showing no marks. Note the fat neck pushers, looking all original.

PC160015-001.jpg
    1-IMG_2551(1).jpg

Why am I selling?

I am a private collector, buying for over 15 years. Recently I have built a house and I am moving the money from watches into that, and taking the opportunity to focus my collection to a number that can be used regularly.

SALES TERMS

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, most of the time my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM's me with the words, "I will buy this watch now at your price".

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply, they ask if I can do a better price - meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery
    can often be facilitated almost anywhere. This watch is currently in USA and can be delivered insured parcel pro. It will be in UK after 14th Feb.

Returns
    are OK if you are really nice about it, and don't cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you. But please, if you are in two minds then do not buy. I am not a dealer and I am not on standby to accept a return. Getting a watch back to me will often involve you getting it safely back to Simon Freese in UK at your expense. So please, think hard about buying and be sure.

Payment- Price is $9,800
    Is by Bank Transfer to my HSBC account Hong Kong in £, $ or HKD against an invoice listing each of our details all in one sheet.

Notes on my position and ethos

I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I sell my watches to make room for more that I have bought. I have been on eBay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of Speedmaster101.com and protecting my reputation is more important to me than selling off a watch. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure.

My own knowledge is self taught, and fallible. I try to tell you everything I know about the watch, and what is original and what is not, and if I have done any work or changed any part. However you must do your own due diligence. I am not offering myself up as an expert who knows everything, rather an observer who looks to evidence and balance of probabilities. Others on this forum know far more than me, even if they do not always want to be as open as I do.

This watch comes on a grey NATO strap.

1-IMG_2534(1).jpg
    (It looks good, right?)

2-IMG_2548(1).jpg

PC160016-001.jpg
    Edited Jan 31, 2019
  2. bgrisso Jan 31, 2019

perfect shade of lume, love it :thumbsup:

Stas likes this.
  3. ICONO Jan 31, 2019

An impeccable Seller…Buy from this Gentleman,…with complete confidence

GLWS

4. Screwbacks Jan 31, 2019

very nice. price is quite ok. wishing luck to the buyer.

Spacefruit likes this.
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 1, 2019

A couple of questions about the extract - I do do not have it in hand to photograph, but will have it in hand after 14th.
    The information is guaranteed.

Here is a wrist shot from the last time I was not in freezing temperatures.

1-IMG_2477(1).jpg

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 1, 2019

And sold.

Thank you all for the interest, and there goes another watch I am a bit sad to see go.

7. chronoboy64 Feb 1, 2019

Great deal, huge congrats to the buyer and seller :thumbsup:

8. The_Walrus Feb 1, 2019

It is never easy

9. Screwbacks Feb 1, 2019

wow. twas quick. congrats to the buyer.

10. bazderome Feb 2, 2019

Geez that was too quick for me...

11. Felice79 Feb 4, 2019

classic fail type "1" - i was JUST about to buy it Thursday night but hesitated....i almost, should, would have blabla....ARGH!

FANTASTIC patina, what a yummy yellow...a perfect daily wearer, just gotta LOVE that beaten bezel ( i do, anyway...) Congrats to the buyer!

Seaborg likes this.