Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr Blond Jan 30, 2013

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I'm a bit of a lurker on a different forum and was directed to this one as I've just bought a watch that was listed in your for sale section.

This is what I have just bought:
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-speedmaster-105-003.3486/

It was filthy, the clasp was loose, the end pieces were really loose and were just flapping open. Crystal was very scratched. The good news is that it keeps near perfect time and the chronograph functions correctly. Anyway after about 20 minutes of cleaning later I thought I would show you the results. Just got to find the correct bezel now with the dot above the 90, that will be fun trying to find one of those :(

Here are the before and after pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the rest of the collection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cicindela and NiklasARvid like this.
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 30, 2013

bezels are on ebay. not difficult to find. or post a wanted to buty ad...... kind regards. achim

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 30, 2013

I think that's going to make for a very nice Speedmaster when its restored, do you have a good vintage Omega watchmaker?

4. NiklasARvid Jan 30, 2013

great looking Speedmaster! congratulations! ...now all you need is an appropriately aged bezel :)

5. Mr Blond Jan 30, 2013

Cheers.

There is only 1 bezel on ebay across the world that I can find which has the dot over the 90 and that is in poor condition.

I've put a new gasket on it and will fit the bezel myself. When it comes to servicing it, I will send it off to Swiss Time Services, they are always good for vintage omegas.

6. Dash1 Jan 30, 2013

A fantastic addition to your collection. It's a really nice original example, infact I was going to bid a bit more on it but missed the end of the auction! I reckon it was a good buy at that price. Well done! Dot over 90's are very hard to find in nice condition (in any condition!) but they do come along - start saving.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 30, 2013

You should be able to pick up a replacement bezel without too much difficulty. You can always use a non dot over bezel for now, and be patient for a good dot over in the future. Bezel size was increased from 38.6 to 39.7mm with the 105.003. So your watch takes the updated larger size which is by far the most common one seen for sale. That is good news for you :thumbsup:

Just don't buy one of the aftermarket, non Omega, ones from Wholesalemarket990 (eBay seller)

8. Mr Blond Jan 30, 2013

Yeah there are loads of new/used bezel that will fit but I'm going to hold out for a dot over 90 in good nick.

Indeed, lucky it's the larger size one. :)

9. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 30, 2013

Lovely! :thumbsup: What is the movement Number? Should be something between 22.xxx.xxx and 24.xxx.xxx

10. Mr Blond Jan 30, 2013

Cheers. It's 24.xxx.xxx:)

BASE1000 and dsio like this.
  11. apollo XI Jan 31, 2013

::love:: ::love::

Congrats, and I hope you can find the right bezel just soon. :)

Giuseppe.

12. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 31, 2013

That's cleaned up very nicely, congratulations !