Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster 105.003-64 Extract and Service £8200

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 28, 2017

04-PA280004-001.jpg
    Provenance
    Bought by me at the beginning of the year, from the Owners Estate. When it arrived, it wore a repainted dial and the original dial was loose in the box:

The watch was serviced by Simon Freese on invoice 1038 and the service document is included in the sale. (Not shown as it has my details all over it).

Dial and hands were expertly relumed onto the original dial.

Extract of the Archives shows delivered to USA on 22 October 1965

01-PA280001-002.jpg
    Watch has had a hard life but we carefully recommissioned it and we did not polish the case. Time did that!

Note it has the distinctive straight sided case lugs as identified by @Tom Dick
    03-PA280003-001.jpg

Dial has a few issues, but none that detract from the enjoyment of the watch, especially considering the price, and the fact that this is a serviced, certified watch with a 12 month guarantee from the worlds best Calibre 321 Watchmaker.

Here is a closeup of the issues, including the missing left "T". Full Disclosure! The dial arrived out of the watch, and had been replaced by a very poor substitute dial. We relumed the dial and refitted the original dial.
    1-PA280004-001.jpg

08-PA280008-001.jpg

And turning it over we can clearly see the original pushers, and crown. The back is in good condition with only minor marks from general use - it has not been polished:

07-PA280007-001.ORF.jpg

Original, (clean!) dust cover:
    10-PA280013-001.jpg

1-PA280015-001.jpg
    Sale includes:
    Watch head
    Leather strap with aftermarket buckle marked Omega
    Extract of the archives from Omega
    Service invoice from Simon Freese Watchmakers

Price is £8200

SALES TERMS

I only sell to refocus my collection, but my current motivation is my wife is making me build her a house.

I am not motivated by profit alone and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I have been on ebay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of www.Speedmaster101.com and so you can understand protecting my reputation is first.

Price includes insured delivery in the UK or USA, and will include delivery elsewhere unless you have some expensive needs.

Returns are welcome if you don’t cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you.

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, most of the time my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM’s me with the words, “I will buy this watch now at your price”.

I believe in full disclosure.

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply, they ask if I can do a better price – meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery can usually be facilitated almost anywhere

Payment
    Payment by Bank Transfer is preferred for these larger amounts to my HSBC bank in Hong Kong in Pounds or US dollars or Hong Kong Dollars. (Not Euros sorry). I propose we both exchange ID copies and speak by phone to feel comfortable. Face to face is always welcome. (UK for next week then Chicago).

02-PA280002-001.jpg
    Vitezi, 63TR4, JohnSteed and 15 others like this.
  2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 28, 2017

Please note the little black mark on the screw head.....
    Thats my camera!

1-PA280002-002.jpg

3. Oku Oct 28, 2017

My apologies for capturing the thread but I am glad, you didn't take photos like that:
    dressup.jpg

Syrte, 63TR4, red crowned and 13 others like this.
  4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2017

Brilliant!

Syrte likes this.
  5. TsoloT Oct 28, 2017

Wow you must live in an area that represents great value ...selling your watch for £8000 to build a house ...we can’t get the lounge decorated for that kind of money

marco and nixf6 like this.
  6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 28, 2017

Yeah right. That's going to get a few bricks.

IMG_1897.JPG

7. TsoloT Oct 28, 2017

Ok ..well I think the wheel barrow needs a clean otherwise you will get your hands dirty on the handles or as my grandfather used to say never show a fool a half finished job

red crowned, SgWatchBaron and DLT222 like this.
  8. SgWatchBaron Oct 28, 2017

Did Simon also relume the dial? Or was it another relumer? Fantastic job!

JohnSteed and Cad290 like this.
  9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 29, 2017

On hold .....

scbr215, josephgsy, nixf6 and 3 others like this.