Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster 105.003-64 $15,500

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 17, 2017

1-PB170122.jpg
    Provenance and History

Bought by me in 2012 from Wannabuyawatch in Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles. Sold at the time as serviced in their workshops.

Worn sporadically by me.

I recently obtained an extract from Omega stating that it was delivered to Mexico 8 October 1965.
    This extract is included in the sale.

It is the rare, -64 variant.

1-PB170065.jpg

this next photo in indirect sunlight:

1-PB170146.jpg

The dial is beautiful, and the hands correct. Note the missing paint on the minute hand. I have not attempted to restore this, or the watch in any way. I am selling it as it came to me.

1-PB170148.jpg

The crystal shows some marks so I de-cased the movement to show a clear shot of this fabulous dial - which does have one small blemish at the 34 minute mark by the track.

1-PB170084.jpg

Here is a close up of the 34 minute mark:

1-PB170090.jpg
    1-PB170059.jpg

Sides have been re-brushed.

1-PB170103.jpg
    1-PB170107.jpg

The case back is good without damage and is not polished.

1-PB170140.jpg
    Pushers and crown are probably original. (I have not changed them and they match original specs, not service).

Inside there is the correct period dustcover (note no finger prints - I NEVER touch them, only with tweezers!)
    1-PB170091.jpg
    The movement is excellent and although not serviced is running in tolerance and jewels appear oiled. It might need a service in next few years.
    1-PB170102.jpg
    Some wrist shots courtesy of Mrs Fruit in natural light.

1-PB170156.jpg

1-PB170151.jpg
    My personal observations:
    I like this watch. I am selling as I spent a big amount recently and need to balance a little the amounts of money in watches. Why dont I keep this one? Well I have more, and I am trying to hone down to a manageable number that I can really enjoy.

This watch could easily be "restored" - and in a good way. The case could be refinished, and the hands repainted, but for me I prefer it as it is now. The next owner will have the choice - and I am happy to help if that is the decision.

What is wrong with this watch?
    The case sides have been brushed by hand. it is a small thing and easily corrected but I left it as part of the watch history.
    The minute hand has a paint loss 3/4 of the way to the tip.
    The dial has a mark at 34 min.

What is good about this watch?
    First and foremost, it is attractive, the overall look is very good. Mrs Fruit said, "Why are you selling that one?" (the Aga darling the Aga).
    The parts appear to me to be original, and are all correct for the year. This is especially unusual in that the crown and pushers are original as well as the rest.
    The Extract - this is a really important thing for a watch of this price, and this watch has it.
    Me. I sell watches to reduce my collection, move money to other watches or my wife's house. I believe in full disclosure and if ever there are problems I will work to make them right.

SALES TERMS

I only sell to refocus my collection, but my current motivation is my wife is making me build her a house. Then I go and land a huge Speedy-Fish which made for a awkward financial conversation the other night when I finally told her...I genuinely forgot to mention it:oops: :rolleyes:

I am not motivated by profit alone and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I have been on ebay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of www.Speedmaster101.com and so you can understand protecting my reputation is first.

Price includes insured delivery in the UK or USA, and will include delivery elsewhere unless you have some expensive needs.

Returns are welcome if you don’t cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you.

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, most of the time my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM’s me with the words, “I will buy this watch now at your price”.

I believe in full disclosure.

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply, they ask if I can do a better price – meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery can usually be facilitated almost anywhere

Payment
    Payment by Bank Transfer is preferred for these larger amounts to my HSBC bank in Hong Kong in Pounds or US dollars or Hong Kong Dollars. (Not Euros sorry). I propose we both exchange ID copies and speak by phone to feel comfortable. Face to face is always welcome. (Chicago until end of November then UK).

1-PB170161.jpg

Lastly the strap - I never usually comment on this, however this is a handmade strap from leather selected by me and made in Thailand by the best hand maker I know. (Yes I know there are a couple in UK and in Paris but have you seen the price?)

2. ICONO Nov 17, 2017

Absolutley Delicious.....I am truly sorely tempted....

Another exemplary 'sales post'

Spacefruit and dan7800 like this.
  3. lando Nov 17, 2017

Very tempting. But right now i should probably buy the strap, only.

BTW: were do i find that master strapmaker? :)

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 17, 2017

In suburban Bangkok. Its hard to find, but a pleasure when you get there.

IMG_1681.JPG

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 17, 2017

Awesome -64. Gorgeous dial!

Someone is going to be very pleased with this one.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  6. Drawarms Nov 17, 2017

great value!

nonuffinkbloke and Nathan1967 like this.
  7. Dash1 Nov 17, 2017

Great example and a very fair price, surely this won't last long.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  8. Kali77 Nov 17, 2017

PM sent :thumbsup:

nonuffinkbloke, BenBagbag and dan7800 like this.
  9. wkimmd Nov 17, 2017

I missed this!! Amazing.