Forums Latest Members
  1. Taze00 Nov 3, 2013

Now that eta has pulled the plug on selling their movements, do you think he value of the 7750 speedies will go up once the supply dries out?

2. ulackfocus Nov 3, 2013

There are too many 7750's for any watch powered by it to be worth much. Besides, the purist Omega collectors don't consider these to be real Speedmasters.

cozzani1978 likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2013

I think even the new Speedmaster date variants that were only released this year still use a 7750 variant if I recall correctly

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2013

ETA = Swatch = Omega = Swatch . They can do what ever they want. The plug is really only pulled outside of Swatch, other than that, they decide what to build and what to put in it by choice, not necessity.

5. Taze00 Nov 4, 2013

Yeah that's the point, they control the sale now and have limited it strictly to their affiliated watch companies.

6. Taze00 Nov 4, 2013

If I recall correctly I've seen the models I'm referring to go for 1500$ on the bay.

I also make homage watches and since they've pulled the plug I've already noticed a difference in commonly used ETA calibres.

The truth is there are just as many speedie pros out there if not more so than the date variant.
    One day I believe it will be considered a rarity.

The view as it being less than a true speedmaster will contribute to this. Although possibly there are realitively few "purists" when compared with the total number of speedmaster owners.

7. Taze00 Nov 4, 2013

You are correct, even the new racing speedmaster models are loosely based on the 7750.