Forums Latest Members
  1. RichardMajor86 Mar 1, 2019

[​IMG]

Amazingly I felt it fall off on a busy London street AND found it!

Any idea what this might cost to fix and give me an idea of where I can get it done? And hints and tips?

Thanks all

Richard

2. ext1 Mar 1, 2019

I had this happen to me before, I think this was because the screw inside for pusher came loose somehow. In my impatience I opened it up and tightened it myself but thinking back now, I should have taken it to a watchmaker..

So cost - IDK, I guess it depends on if the watchmaker feels that it's a simple fix or not, but shouldn't be too high if any.
    Unfortunately I don't know of places for service in London though. Only for vintage speedys.

RichardMajor86 likes this.
  3. waveguide Mar 1, 2019

This happened to my Speedmaster Mark II about nine months after it was purchased (new) from a gray market seller on Chrono24 with box, papers and a genuine Omega warrantee. I took the watch and pusher and the warrantee card to my local AD where I have purchased other Omegas. They didn't hassle me at all and sent it into Omega for repair free of charge. The watch, warrantee and an "Omega service complete" card were returned to me just about a month later; they only reattached the pusher and confirmed the accuracy was in spec and did whatever water resistance checks they do after opening up the back. Nothing was polished and nothing was replaced. At the time I left the AD with the watch, no promises were made about whether Omega would charge or not. Omega did not charge. My recommendation is to start with your AD and go from there.

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Mar 1, 2019

Looking at your photo it appears that nothing is broken, so it really is a 15 minute job for a decent watchmaker to fix.
    Edit. I forgot about the missing spring.

Edited Mar 1, 2019
  5. RichardMajor86 Mar 1, 2019

Just need to find a watchmaker... not quite as easy to locate as a Starbucks

pianomankd likes this.
  6. RichardMajor86 Mar 15, 2019

I took my watch to Omega on Oxford Street. They replaced the pusher and resecured the top one which was also apparently coming lose. They did it all while I waited. Total cost - £0

Ian_km likes this.
  7. Theluglife Mar 15, 2019

nice! Did they have a service centre out back with technicians?

8. rcs914 Mar 15, 2019

Nice! is your watch still under warranty? I am assuming it must be. Pushers are around $60 each as the raw part, minus any time for installation, so this was very nice to have done for free.

9. RichardMajor86 Mar 15, 2019

They have technicians and watchmakers on site in their Regent Street and Oxford Street (both in London) boutiques. I’m not sure about others.

I had the pusher itself. I did lose the spring underneath though. My watch absolutely isn’t under warranty, and I didn’t bring any papers or anything like that with me.

So the cost to Omega was one tiny spring, and 30 mins of the tech’s time. They did it immediately too.