Forums Latest Members
  1. snick777 Oct 21, 2015

I have been reading a few articles on this watch, however I am not convinced it is a watch for the ages or at least it will not be a high end collectors watch. Any opinions on this one? I am not a big fan of quartz watches, IMO quartz watches are like most of the stuff you see from the 80's obsolete, ugly and have poor functions.[​IMG]

2. alam Oct 21, 2015

By definition, yes it is a watch. "a small, portable timepiece, for wear on the wrist, displays time, day, date or other timing functions" It sounds like you made your mind on that particular model and in quartz watches in general, then focus your attention in mechanical watches. Will it be a collector's item? We'll have to wait 40 years to find out. :D

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 22, 2015

As I was interested in one earlier on I went to see it "live" - armed with its closest relative, design wise, in the vintage Omega world - the Flightmaster.

I do like the concept but it is just too thick!

Some pictures from the event a couple of years ago.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This next pic is not telling the truth - they are about the same size diameter - it is the perspective that makes the Flightmaster look bigger.

[​IMG]

This one though IS telling the ugly truth. It is just too thick. I would have bought one if not for this.

[​IMG]

Etp095 likes this.
  4. SeanO Oct 22, 2015

feck........

its HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 22, 2015

Yup.

edit - maybe Thierry Nataf was visiting Omega at the time?

[​IMG]

6. Mad Cow Oct 22, 2015

It looks as a large cancer on the wrist. :eek:

7. snick777 Oct 22, 2015

Thanks for the input. It is larger than Invictas on the QVC channel. Doesn't see practical to wear at all. I do like your flightmaster though.