Forums Latest Members

Space Compax - rubber pusher covers- your help needed

1. HeuerLoon Aug 13, 2015

Hi all,

I am considering getting these made up to custom made specifications. I will need to get a minimum amount made locally in the UK and I would provide them to the OF community at cost price. I will make my millions elsewhere!

I've seen the aftermarket pair currently on sale on eBaY at $199. It would be easier to press the buy now button but I would rather have a spare set.

In order to take this project forward, I would be grateful for some input from you guys. I am looking for dimensions along the lines of the attached picture and if possible a spare pusher cap for the manufacturer to use as a template. If anyone is a dab hand at technical drawing, please feel to post one up of what I could submit to the manufacturer as the picture I have posted doesn't show the actual shape of the UG rubber cover.

As set out above, this is not a money making exercise for me so any assistance/advice would be warmly welcomed.

Grommet Spec Design.GIF
  2. Diabolik Aug 13, 2015

I have thought about this one and there is a way of moulding these which theoretically, is quite straight forward.
    You would have to make or turn a mould out of aluminium, brass or steel which is slightly smaller than the rubber glove you are making (i presume 10-15 thou smaller but you wouldn need to experiement). then you could use a rubber dip (the stuff that you would use to rubber coat tool handles) to coat the mould.

You could increase the thickness of the glove by adding layers and as it is possible to obtain the rubber dipping compound in different colours, you could jazz up your space compax ...

http://www.amazon.com/Rubberized-Plastic-Coating-Black-Coating/dp/B000VS2HMK

::stirthepot::

3. HeuerLoon Aug 13, 2015

Thanks Dean.

An interesting alternative but I wonder how many people would use that on their beloved watch?

4. Diabolik Aug 13, 2015

I would not expect you to dip your watch ....

make the glove, remove it from the mould and fit it to the pusher !

::facepalm2::

5. HeuerLoon Aug 13, 2015

Did I say I would dip my watch in it? ;):p