Forums Latest Members

Southern California Vintage Omega Service

1. Kimi Ka Dec 27, 2018

Hello Everybody,

I recently discovered my dads old de ville which has never been serviced since he got it. The battery is dead and the crown wont adjust the minute hand. My serious question is, should I drop it off at the Omega Boutique in Costa Mesa or drive the extra 30mins to the Swatch Group Service Center in Culver City. In both scenarios I will request a complete service.

Thank You A5C142D9-E5E8-447E-BF6B-CD53E2B30723.jpeg

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 27, 2018

Neither actually, unless you can have them assure you the dial hands and case will not be touched.

Anyone know a good shop in SoCal who does quartz?

BenBagbag likes this.
  3. Kimi Ka Dec 27, 2018

Why would you recommend they not touch the case or hands ?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 27, 2018

The value of watches is in originality. Omega has a policy to replace any piece with any wear with a new part that is not original and will look non original. alAs well as polish the case which will soften the edges and remove metal diminishing value to collectors.

Kimi Ka likes this.
  5. nurseford25 Dec 27, 2018

I’m still searching here in so cal. I need to just start driving over to these shops and meeting the watchmakers. If only I had the time to do that :(

Foo2rama and Kimi Ka like this.
  6. Steve88M3 Dec 27, 2018

You can try Orange County Watch Co.

No experience with them personally.

Kimi Ka likes this.
  7. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Dec 27, 2018

All very true, but it really depends on what you want. If you just want to get your Dad's watch running well and looking it's best, with no concerns about it's value to collectors, then no worries going with an Omega service - that's what I just did with my first Omega, because I won't ever sell it - Omega did indeed change the hands, crown, and pushers (although, all look identical to the originals to me), and lightly polished the bracelet and case, and it looks fantastic, so I'm very happy. But as @Foo2rama said, if you want it kept in original condition with an eye to value/desirability to collectors than whoever services it you must make sure you give them very clear instructions to that effect.

Kimi Ka likes this.
  8. Kimi Ka Dec 27, 2018

I will probably go the “official” route. My concern is whether i should got to an omega boutique or the swatch group service center

9. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 27, 2018

10. Kimi Ka Dec 27, 2018

No, its a sentimental piece so I want the best handling and professionalism possible

blufinz52 likes this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 27, 2018

It willl end up at the same place.

Kimi Ka, Archer and Steve88M3 like this.