Forums Latest Members

Sourcing modern Omega parts - some questions

1. gwzymytk Mar 23, 2016

Hi there! Made a WTB post as well, but figured It's worth asking here as well.
    Sourcing original Omega parts can sometimes be a pain through ADs, as they are extremely slow in acquiring them and sometimes even order the wrong references (happened once to a friend and two times to myself so far)...

What other sources you have for modern Omega parts, besides the usual culprits - ofrei.com and cousinsuk.com?

I need a replacement dial (part 064WK3197001) for an Omega Seamaster Professional Bond quartz (newer model), case no. 196.1504 and the cheapest I've found so far was on cousins, at 305 UK pounds...

It would also be interesting to know how to source a sapphire crystal for modern references, since caseback numbers cannot be found on cousins (for instance, my Omega HV Orbis has the ref. 431.33.41.21.03.001 but I cannot find the case number on the Internet for the life of me! How can I then look for spares, outside the AD?

I am well-aware of Omega/Swatch groups restrictions on parts, but I feel they should provide equal service to all buyers all over the world, and distribution is somewhat deficient in Eastern Europe for instance.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 23, 2016

You best bet is to send the watch to an Omega approved watchmaker who can get parts easily, and have them do the work. The prices the parts resellers are charging seems to be going up daily - they are making as much money as they can on the stock they have remaining.

BTW the case number for your Orbis is 055ST1681801, and the crystal part number is 062SB3076.

Cheers, Al

gwzymytk likes this.
  3. gwzymytk Mar 23, 2016

Hey Al,

Was actually fishing for one of your comprehensive answers. Thank you for the advice and for giving me the ref. and part numbers to solve my Orbis dilemma.
    Unfortunately, there are no Omega approved watchmakers here in Romania (that I know of?). Only ones are attached to the AD and hence to their turtle-like tactics.

Kind regards,
    C

4. larryganz The cable guy Mar 24, 2016

They lay on their backs and wiggle their legs in the air?

gwzymytk likes this.
  5. gwzymytk Mar 24, 2016

That would be really fun to see, but I was thinking more along the lines of "take ages to move and when confronted retreat to their shell"...

larryganz likes this.