Forums Latest Members

Source for OEM spring bars?

1. jetkins Jan 27, 2018

For the past few weeks, I've had NATO straps on my Speedy. While I was waiting for them to arrive, I had seen Archer mention several times that there are two separate Omega part numbers for the 20mm spring bars designed for use with bracelets (068ST2207) and straps (068ST2208). I searched around and found what seemed to be a respected supplier of decent quality replacements for the '08 bars, bought a couple of pairs, and used them when I installed the NATOs, storing the OEM bars safely with the bracelet.

Tonight I decided to put the bracelet back on for a while, and to my surprise I discovered that one of these replacement bars was already bent:eek:, so for peace of mind I've decided to use only genuine Omega spring bars from now on.

All of which is a rambling introduction to my actual question: Where can one obtain the genuine articles? My nearest OB is three hours away, and it seems that Omega no longer sells parts to resellers, so what are my options? Are AD's usually OK with selling these parts to owners who didn't buy the watch from them? Do any of our "tame" repairers (yeah, I'm looking at you, Al ;)) sell these things to members, or isn't it worth their time for such a small sale? Or can anyone recommend a reputable supplier of quality third-party replacements?

Thanks!

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 27, 2018

Just call the OB, they sent me a few (2) for free once.
    The last time I rang them they charged my credit card and sent 5 pairs, just mentioned what watch and they looked it up and told me what I needed. Didn't need any number.
    Straps and springbars should not be a issue.

3. jetkins Feb 2, 2018

Does anyone know the part number for the curved spring bars as supplied with the Speediest that come with a kit? @Archer?

4. e-5_USMC-2002 Apr 23, 2018

Not sure on the part numbers, but I received both 21-mm and 20-mm today for my Speedmaster and Seamaster. I called OB and told them I needed the curved spring bars for my NATO straps and they sent them to me for free. I did also buy another strap though.

5. Rman Apr 23, 2018

All my watches are wrong, none of them have OEM springbars. Right when I thought I was getting somewhere... Sheesh

Springbars, the next DONs

6. tritto Apr 23, 2018

Try Cousins (UK parts house). They list Omega spring bars for my 145.022. However, at about £7 each(!) I haven't bought spares.

7. rcs914 Apr 24, 2018

The part cost on these should be around $2 each - at least it was a year and a half ago. The Omega ones are definitely nicer than a replacement swiss made springbar. @Archer has posted comparison pictures a few times.