Forums Latest Members
  1. anonymous Mar 8, 2019

It's around the 10 year mark that I've been collecting watches with some level of seriousness. I like to experience different things, so watches tend to come and go relatively quickly. I've cycled through quite a bit of Rolex, and have settled on the two that I enjoy the most (the 16570 is my daily). I also want to support some of the smaller independent brands out there, so I always like to keep at least a pair in the rotation (I really like what Autodromo and Helios are doing). The Seiko has been with me since the beginning, and it's now my sole dive watch. Then there's the Speedmaster, which I've just acquired (145.022-69 with 220 bezel), I've never owned one for some reason and recently decided that needed to change.

For my 40th, I plan on finding a red 1680, at which point I (think) I'll be pretty content. Looking at them, I can't help but think the Daytona is slightly out of place. It's considerably flashier than the others, and serves as my only real "dressy" option. I sometimes think of selling it for an early Sea-Dweller 1665, as the tool watches are more my speed. But, I've always had a thing for the Daytona, and since a nice 6263 is a little out of my price range, I got the next best thing (to me).

Anyway, thoughts, suggestions, critiques, etc are welcome.

SotC_030819.jpg

2. jud Mar 8, 2019

Awesome, I like the Autodromo. Nice and very well rounded.

3. shishy www.hpmor.com Mar 8, 2019

Damn it you got the username anonymous? I thought I was being cheeky when I tried that a year ago.

Nice watches :) How do you like the Halios? I've always thought they looked nice. Of all the new brands, Halios and Baltic seem to have found their design ethos pretty quickly (while a lot of others struggle defining "the look").

Jamgantenk likes this.
  4. anonymous Mar 8, 2019

Thanks, I love the Halios - it wears very well, just slim enough to sit comfortably on the wrist. Case profile has ended up being the biggest filter as to what stays and what goes, I have relatively slim wrists so the thick stuff gets old quick. This is also why I love the Autodromo, it's super thin (though it doesn't have much contour).

I feel like one of the last phases I've gone through in becoming a more seasoned collector (whatever that means), is paying attention to the wearability factor in things like case profile and thickness. There are many watches that I adore, but just don't work on a practical level for me. At any rate, the Halios balances this very well, in my opinion.

shishy likes this.