Forums Latest Members
  1. Stefano612 Dec 4, 2016

Hello Friends, maybe you guys can help me. I am afraid that my son fell for a fake on eBay.
    What is your opinion after a look on the Pictures?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/302134886652Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks!!!

2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 4, 2016

Is your name Son?
    The fact that the listing was removed denotes something not right, account take over, counterfeit, etc.
    If you have already paid, contact Ebay and begin the process to get your money back.
    Good luck..

3. Stefano612 Dec 4, 2016

Oh, it doesn't say removed on my Mobile.

Here are some pics:

Screenshot_2016-12-04-14-43-36.png [ Screenshot_2016-12-04-14-43-30.png [ Screenshot_2016-12-04-14-43-10.png

4. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 4, 2016

The link you provided states:

This listing (302134886652) has been removed, or this item is not available.

I'll let the experts speak about these pictures..

5. Canuck Dec 4, 2016

I have its twin, with a silver dial. Yours is real to the best of my knowledge. That series of Omega movement is apparently from the latter years of Omega before Swatch bought the company. From what I have read here on the O M B, it is not a highly sought after movement. But I like mine, and it is an excellent performer.

6. ulackfocus Dec 4, 2016

It certainly looks like an authentic 1010 caliber, but the dial has been repainted (not good to any collector) and something looks weird with the SEAMASTER on the caseback logo.

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 4, 2016

http://naligazone.com/index.php/dat...cal-1010/13-watch/omega/35-cal1010-md166-0203
    https://www.google.com/search?q=omega seamaster 166.0203&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_vPHs19rQAhUh4oMKHXI7AZkQsAQIHA&biw=1536&bih=731&dpr=1.25#imgrc=7fFyp-frd90OYM:

I'll let you be the judge. The case looks to have been refinish and overly polished. I can't tell from the photo if it's a redial or not but the fact that there's no straight on photos and the separation between Swiss and Made makes me suspect it has been refinished.

Edit: What ulackfocus said about the dial.

8. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 4, 2016

It is sometimes difficult for overseas ebay account holders to get into ebay Germany with a direct link, hence the error message.
    About the watch, it is not fake, and from the quick look I took it does appear to be a genuine omega. However, the dial (face) of the watch has been repainted and quite badly, similarly the case has been heavily polished. Therefore it would hold little value to a collector of vintage watches.
    It may or may not also need servicing, some of the seller's of watches like this do service them but who knows how well. Their usual aim is to dress them up to look like shiny new watches and sell them to the inexperienced or gift buyers.
    I've no idea how much was paid but in my humble opinion over €500 is too much. You can buy a correct and collectable vintage omega for around this amount, but it will look like an old watch, rather than the shiny new looking one your son purchased.

efauser likes this.
  9. ulackfocus Dec 4, 2016

....but.......but..... ooooooooo, shiny! :rolleyes: :p

10. Stefano612 Dec 4, 2016

I thank you all very much <3

I

11. Stefano612 Dec 4, 2016

By the way: it costs 620€ ...

Well, it is very obvious, that this can not be the original condition ... My son is only 19 and he did not know better.

I saw it and said "this One looks to good to be true."

But Hey, at least it's Not a fake.

I will advice him to write the seller. Maybe he can get his money partly back.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 4, 2016

I can't see the listing but if it was sold as being all original (including the dial), he should be able to get his money back through eBay because it isn't as advertised.

13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 4, 2016

14. Edward53 Dec 4, 2016

Well I can see the auction, and I can also read German. The watch is described as a "rare and in new condition Omega". The seller describes the case as in "new condition". He doesn't say that the dial has its original finish, merely that it is "absolutely clean with applied silver indices + marked Omega Swiss Made....+ original silver hands".

Others will have their views on whether there are legitimate grounds to return the watch. To me it seems to tread a fine line just this side of "as described".

Mark020 and efauser like this.
  15. Stefano612 Dec 4, 2016

In think you are right Edward. But it should have been in a proper description, that it is not in the original condition.
    Maybe he gives a Discount, what would be already an success.
    Still it is a nice watch. Most important is, that it is not counterfeit and that seems to be the case.

16. Edward53 Dec 4, 2016

Hi Stefan
    Please don't be offended by this, but your son is a man, not a child and all men learn life lessons at some time. He won't forget this one in a hurry, and for a few hundred Euros it is actually not that expensive! I just say this in case it is not possible to get a refund or a discount - the money is still not wasted, even if your son doesn't see it that way. I've paid those tuition fees, and so have many if not most other people who post on this forum. :thumbsup:

ahartfie, Davidt, efauser and 2 others like this.
  17. ulackfocus Dec 4, 2016

We all hope your son can return it and spend his money on a proper example. If not, chalk it up to the "n00b tax" (which Edward explained more politely). Your son fell into a two-fold trap that snags many inexperienced vintage watch buyers. First is the "oooooooo, shiny" principle; second is "Don Draper über-cool like-new BLACK DIAL Seamaster" syndrome. He's not the first by far, and won't be the last for sure, to fall for either.

18. Stefano612 Dec 4, 2016

You guys are right. Thanks :)

19. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 4, 2016

Says returns accepted 14 days.

20. Swissgmt1675 Dec 5, 2016

Should refund your son according to its return policy...

Good luck,

A.