Forums Latest Members

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet............(PSA)

1. StephenRL Jun 6, 2021

So, I bought a Speedmaster saphire sandwich the end of April, it was a new watch, just not the new release. I initially wanted the new release, having a hackable and certainly more accurate movement and a nicely tapering bracelet.
    I then realized, that the speedy I bought wasn't long for my collection. I also didn't like the saphire crystal on this watch.
    So, I bit the bullet and traded it in, and got the new hesalite version. It will be delivered Tuesday. I'm happier with this, and I was able to minimize what could have been an expensive mistake to correct. (Got a great deal and trade value for my mint speedy). :)
    The reason for this post is simply, don't buy a watch that is a substitute for the watch you really want, you won't enjoy it, and it will cost more money in the long run to finally get what you wanted in the first place....

Paedipod, ahartfie, JohnWoo and 10 others like this.
  2. MTROIS Jun 16, 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience. Was just curious: what was it that made you dislike the sapphire? The milky ring? Not being close enough to Moonwatch??

3. StephenRL Jun 17, 2021

The milky ring around the edge of the crystal was driving me nuts!! Overall, I'm much happier with the hesalite crystal.

MTROIS and apsm100 like this.
  4. JwRosenthal Jun 17, 2021

I own a few sapphire crystal watches that I have a hard time liking- I’m an acrylic guy. I recently bought a watch that was stunning with a sapphire and am having a hard time bonding with it. Agree on the sentiment of the OP, if you know you’re preferences and think “oh, this is cool- I can learn to love it”- you probably won’t.