Forums Latest Members
  1. Vintage Nov 16, 2017

Good afternoon OFM , someone knows about this hallmarks?

Is a Constellation back case from 1967.

Thanks in advance for any information. DSC09638 (Copiar).jpg

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 16, 2017

Never seen one like that before. Certainly not Swiss.

Could be some kind of national production.

Does it have an Observatory on the back?
    gatorcpa

3. Vintage Nov 16, 2017

Thank you, of course, sorry for the pictures.... DSC09622 (Copiar).jpg DSC09645 (Copiar).jpg

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Nov 16, 2017

Case and caseback look fake to me.

cristos71, TNTwatch and bubba48 like this.
  5. Vintage Nov 16, 2017

Is very strange, belongs to a widow, her husband bought the watch in Austria, at the end of 1969, I checked and the Hallmark is not Austrian... a single owner, it could be fake, if at the end of the 60 there were already fake cases , and in 18 K solid gold (it is contrasted by a watchmaker)

6. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Nov 16, 2017

Just look at the lugs where they are attached to the case. I am sure it was not made by Omega.
    20171116_194501.jpg

ConElPueblo and habrisbane like this.
  7. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Nov 16, 2017

We don't listen to stories, we look at the watch and tell you what we see.

8. Vintage Nov 17, 2017

One thing is a national or non Swiss production, other is Fake.......
    Also the watch does not have an Omega reference number, I already knew that, I start asking for the Hallmarks....
    Thank you anyway

Edited Nov 17, 2017
  9. Vintage Nov 17, 2017

Thank you for your opinion.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 17, 2017

I’m confused by them, they are not normal European hall marks. With the watch sold in Europe... Not Mexican or Australian either. South American maybe?

11. Vintage Nov 17, 2017

I will ask my watchmaker for let me take better close up pictures for see the two Hallmarks, the watch is from a widow, her husband has passed away recently, and she is in need of selling her Watch for economic problems.
    Thank you

12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 17, 2017

I’m not so quick to write it off without more information. However, I’m skeptical that it is an original Omega contractor made case.

It should be properly tested by a jeweler for gold content. Even if it checks out, it will never be worth more than the gold content, plus $100 to $200 for the movement.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

13. Vintage Nov 17, 2017

Thank you for the information, I'm not a expert like you, but I'm not sure if you can buy a Omega COSC movement, pie pan dial and hands for 200 USD....or also this parts are not Omega original?
    Thank you

14. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 17, 2017

I wouldn’t pay more than that for parts. From the picture you provided, it is impossible to tell you if it is original or not. For an unserviced movement, with a questionable history and zero paperwork, $200 is more than fair

From your tone, you are beginning to sound more like a seller than a buyer.
    gatorcpa

Syrte likes this.
  15. Vintage Nov 17, 2017

You are wrong and right. Wrong because I'm not a buyer, ( also my watchmaker is not a buyer) and you are right, I try to sell this watch for the lady, and make a good description with the information of the OFM.
    I never say that this is a unserviced movement, and my tone is not so different than other post.
    Thank you for your concern

16. ICONO Nov 17, 2017

If I might chip in here.....

The OP, who is a valued friend of mine, ( our families spent considerable time togather in Barcelona, this past June ), contacted me yesterday privately, to ask me if could identify the Hallmark - I could not .....but suggested he ask the Forum ?.....

The OP, is a long standing Member of this Forum,.... has sold here before,.... and from personal experience, has unquestionable integrity, & generousity of spirit

He is aware, the case is 'suspect' / possibly aftermarket / possibly franken .......but he simply is trying to source its possible origin ?..... to give the owner, an informed response to value

There is no hidden 'sales' agenda here...

Vintage likes this.
  17. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Nov 17, 2017

Whenever you see a case clamp does not engage in correct position, you should ask why.
    And the answer is....

18. Vintage Nov 17, 2017

Good afternoon OFM , someone knows about this hallmarks?

Is a Constellation back case from 1967.

Thanks in advance for any information.

19. Vintage Nov 17, 2017

This is the only question I make......the other comments come for free..well done, justified, contrasted, supported, but for free

20. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 17, 2017

My suggestion would be to get an Extract of the Archives from Omega. It will take a few weeks, but will at least give you an idea to which country the watch was originally delivered, at least from Omega’s records.

The style of the 18K hallmark suggests Spain or South America. However, we can tell very little from the pictures other than it looks like a genuine Omega automatic movement. Whether it is the correct movement, or if the parts all come from the same movement, I cannot tell from the photographs.

The observatory looks like some I’ve seen on other national production cases of that era.

Missing case clamps are not a good sign.
    gatorcpa