Forums Latest Members
  1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 3, 2017

I am looking to purchase a watch on ebay upon checking around the net. I found the same watch pictures and all on watch U seek forum for $78 dollars less. At this point I ma not sure if the seller on watch U seek forum is a scammer or who knows what. If the seller does not drop the price on ebay to the same price as watch u seek forum he can count me out as a buyer. Hey $78 bucks can buy my wife and I a nice dinner
    Any thoughts?

2. alam Apr 3, 2017

:eek: WTF?

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 3, 2017

WUS might not have fees like eBay. You gotta think about that

ac106, WatchVaultNYC and adi4 like this.
  4. ConElPueblo Apr 3, 2017

Are you serious?

This is very common, can't see the problem.

STANDY likes this.
  5. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 3, 2017

WTF changed to some

alam likes this.
  6. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 3, 2017

I hear you about ebay fees but I feel I would have a bit more buyer protection with buying on ebay

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 3, 2017

Protection costs money :whistling:

ac106, Jwit, WYO_Watch and 2 others like this.
  8. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 3, 2017

Here is my issue I checked the ebay fees on this transaction would be $137.50 The seller would pocket $1212.50 on watch u seek the watch is $1299 shipped I just do not get the sellers math on this transaction On watch U seek I know pay pal fees are involved I would much rather buy watch in person but that is not always possible Pay pal fees would be $37.97 on watch U seek the seller would pocket $1261.03

Edited Apr 3, 2017
  9. NT931 Apr 3, 2017

Well, if you're not comfortable with the seller's math then walk away from the deal. Sellers have various reasons for pricing it differently on different platforms (which is not uncommon as 2 other people have pointed out).

10. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 3, 2017

I hear you I would like to buy the watch but at the same time I do not like the guys math on this deal The money is minimal I will think on it and probably pass on the deal. I look at these type deals as you can't lose something you do not have

11. adi4 Apr 3, 2017

As an occasional seller, I like to also "buy the buyer" so to speak. I'm more willing to give leeway on price to an established member on a forum than I am to some random bidder on eBay. I only ever list to one location at a time, but that's just my thinking. If it makes you anxious and distrust the seller, simply don't buy (as much as you may want it).

ConElPueblo likes this.
  12. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 3, 2017

Have you spoken to him? He might take a reduced price on ebay if you ask for it.

STANDY likes this.
  13. WatchVaultNYC Apr 3, 2017

OP, you're reading too much into this. Ebay price <> WUS price happens a lot. I do this as well for the stuff I sell, and the difference is not always the cost of the fees. Why? BOTS.

I use a pricing bot that automatically raises and lowers prices based on the competitors on Ebay. Say for example I want to be the lowest-priced offering in the USA, or 2nd lowest, or 3rd lowest etc. This can and often does change my Ebay prices multiple times a day. Sometimes they can make it higher than on my website or on WUS, sometimes lower.

So it's fruitless to figure out a seller's motivation for pricing. More often than not you will get it wrong, and make the wrong decision based on an incorrect analysis of what in the end is really not meaningful to you as a buyer. Like in your first post OP, you are making the connection that a difference in price has something to do with being a scammer - when in fact most likely it has nothing to do with the seller being honest or dishonest. Maybe the seller was using a bot like me, maybe he lowered the price on WUS but forgot to do it on Ebay. Maybe he's not from the USA and the Paypal fee percentage was different (its 2-4% depending on where you are). Maybe its something else entirely.

Just focus on the price you want to buy in the venue you want to buy it in.

Edited Apr 3, 2017
    oddboy likes this.
  14. Lukeeesteve Apr 3, 2017

Agreed! I carry a $50-$100 spread when I list here vs WUS. I'm more flexible with pricing with reputable buyers too.

As mentioned above buy the seller. Ask him for references... when you are in a good place regarding that aspect, haggle.

15. michael22 Apr 3, 2017

I wouldn't be bothered by the pricing. But I would make sure they are the same person/watch.
    It could be two thieves have taken the same pics off the internet, & are independently running the same scam.

16. M.C.B1974 Apr 3, 2017

If I sell locally or direct to someone I know I will deduct 15-20% then I would sell for on eBay because of the fees, eBay fees, paypal fees and exchange rate fees. I will still end up with the same amount and the buyer saves a little.

17. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 3, 2017

Hello Everyone
    Thanks for the replies and advice Still on the fence about the watch and trying to verify the seller is the same person on both listings.

18. mokofoko One sad panda Apr 3, 2017

At those prices, $30-$40 isn't a big deal. You may be calculating wrong too--is he a TRS? If so, that knocks 20% off of the closing fees. Does he have a basic store setup? That'd reduce it even further. He could easily be dynamic with his ebay pricing, and slow to adjust his WUS prices.
    I don't know, I sure feel regrets over certain deals that slipped through my fingers :)