Forums Latest Members
  1. rob541 Jan 20, 2012

Sorry for the quality and the poor color temp - I was just firing these off in response to a few questions I got.

The mesh bracelet is OEM, like others have mentioned. I shot a couple close-ups of the hallmarks.

The crown and He valve are really nicely done on this version. I prefer them to the ones on my 2500.

My favorite design improvement on this watch versus the older versions is the design of the bezel. The thinner light band closest to the sapphire is much more proportionate than the previous version. I am also partial to the matte, lighter gray of this one as well. Looking back at the older version, it looks (at least to me) to be a cheap version. It almost looks like a knock off. I like the new one much better. Some may agree, some may not.

I also got a couple other items from the boutique, but they are a few days behind me. I bought some other things and decided to ship some unnecessary items home via FedEx. The other swag includes Omega/PGA hats and a very nice white and rose gold parker pen with case. Those will follow as soon as I get them.

Until then, here are a few more shots. Again, I apologize for the poor exposure and color temp. And I am still only using a point and shoot without a polarizer. What a difference my old equipment would make.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Rob

2. Steve Jan 20, 2012

Great looking watch. I really like the changes to the new PO, the display back is especially nice, showing off the wonderful 8500 movement. But lets not forget the old 2500 is still a quality watch. :thumbsup:

3. ulackfocus Jan 20, 2012

Does the lady's PO have sHe on the fart valve? :p

Trev likes this.
  4. Spy You know my name. Jan 20, 2012

Hahahaha!

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 21, 2012

Love the decoration on that movement and the overall quality of the finishing.

Do you think you could do a side by side shot of the thickness difference between the two, as this seems to be the biggest concern people have about the new movement in the Planet Ocean.

6. rob541 Jan 21, 2012

I will do that. I tried to meet up with the guy I sold my 2500 to last night, but our paths didn't cross.

Rob.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 21, 2012

Oh you sold it to get the new one. That guy'll probably want his money back when he sees the new version. I was at a party this evening with a guy that paid retail for a Cal 2500 42mm PO and when I mentioned the new one he said "I got mine in Sydney for $5,700 duty free". Almost felt sick for the guy knowing what he could have spent that on...

8. rob541 Jan 21, 2012

I did OK on the sale of mine. The guy really didn't care about the price and he's a friend so I was fair - and it basically cost me nothing to wear for a year. And I forgot to give him the rubber strap for it, so I may have even made a few bucks on the deal. He doesn't lurk around watch forums like I do. He wouldn't know the MSRP if he needed to. He just saw this on my wrist, I let him borrow it for a couple weeks, and then he handed me a stack of cash. I wasn't planning on selling it, but it all seemed to work out in the end. The new one makes me not miss the old one at all.

I will meet up with him later and get a side-by-side shot of the two.