Forums Latest Members
  1. omegamania63 Dec 6, 2013

Hello, I have been lurking on this forum a while, until recently deciding to give it a go! Many nice watches on here!!

I would like some help on this Omega watch I found recently but decided not to buy because i wasn't sure about the red seconds hand being original,

Can anybody tell me if this type of omega dial came with these hands together? The seller claimed it was with him 15 years and it is original. And also, what would I be expected to pay for this particular model?

photo-49.jpg

Thanks for you help,

2. Tritium Dec 6, 2013

Hello, and welcome to the forum

I think this red hand is not an original omega part, but I suspect that this is not the only wrong thing with the watch. Wait for the real experts to give their opinion.

omegamania63 likes this.
  3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 6, 2013

I'm not one of the experts but it screams redial to me

4. mac_omega Dec 6, 2013

Hour and minute hands are 100% correct period.

Second hand: At least the shape of the second hand looks all original for the period - unsure about the color though...
    There have been red hands from Omega but I am not sure if this model was equipped with one at the factory - it is not unlikely!

For the dial: at this magnification and resolution of the picture it does not scream "redial" to me!

omegamania63 likes this.
  5. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 6, 2013

Interesting and I am happy to be corrected, I guessed redial only on the lack of patina and the fact that it looks so clear. When do you think it is from?

6. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Dec 6, 2013

That second hand is original from Omega in black then painted red later .

7. mac_omega Dec 6, 2013

Without knowing the serial# it is only a guess: 40ies I think

8. Tritium Dec 6, 2013

+1

9. omegamania63 Dec 14, 2013

Thank you for this great info and insight. I am now slightly regretful I didn't make this purchase happen.. Here's to the next chapter! :) Sorry for the late reply, I am still learning to negotiate the forum!