Forums Latest Members
  1. Mandy Aug 7, 2014

Forgive me if I've not posted on the correct Board, as I'm not sure if my Dad's watch is Vintage or not. He bought it in the late 70's/early 80's I think . . . I believe it to be gold because of the Hallmarks on the bracelet and watch back.

Other than that, I'm pretty much clueless . . . it says Quartz 1430 on the casing, inbetween the marks.

I'd like to sell it, as there is no one in my family it is of use to sadly and was thinking a local auction house might be my best bet?

Any thoughts or guidance would be most appreciated, thank you. :) Vapefest and Dad's Watch 022.JPG Vapefest and Dad's Watch 025.JPG Vapefest and Dad's Watch 021.JPG

2. omegasaoud Aug 7, 2014

friendly advice
    watch the father should never be sold

if my father had left a watch that will be a treasure for me
    Farid

3. Mandy Aug 7, 2014

I don't disagree Omegasaoud . . . but I have no children to leave it to, my only nephew isn't interested in it. His father, my brother - died some years ago.

I'd have to have the bracelet altered quite drastically, as it almost falls off my wrist. I've even considered that as an option . . . though I have no need of it as such.

It will be tucked away in a drawer, gathering dust and I think my Dad would rather someone use and enjoy it.

I have other special momento's to remember him by, which won't be going anywhere.

4. omegasaoud Aug 7, 2014

I respect your choice
    it was just to make you think before .... ;-)

5. Mandy Aug 7, 2014

I have indeed, long and hard. But thank you Farid.

6. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Aug 7, 2014

That watch is worth only a bit more than its weight in gold, as the reference is not particularly collectable. Seeing as the bracelet and case seem to be solid gold, I'd say the gold value will be satisfying nonetheless.

As long as you describe the watch well and take a lot of good quality pictures, Ebay should be an excellent place to sell it.

lawry078 and Mandy like this.
  7. Mandy Aug 7, 2014

Thank you for your advice Modest_Proposal.

8. cunninghamster Aug 7, 2014

Call me old fashioned but I really love the style of this watch!

Mandy likes this.