Forums Latest Members

Some concerns about Buying a watch off of WUS

1. Hijak Aug 1, 2013

:cautious: So I'm interested in a watch for sale on WUS forum and have started a dialogue with the owner. I have asked for and received additional pictures of the watch via email and we have PMed back and forth as well. the watch is a Sinn 103 LE, the one with the white dial and from the pictures the watch looks fine. My concern (just noticed this recently) is that his account with WUS states he is located in Virginia Beach, USA but he emailed me with a yahoo account with a .de suffix (from Germany). Should this raise any red flags or am I just being a little paranoid? One other fact that adds to my concern that other wise I would not even mention is the day on the dial is in German...any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated before I pull the trigger, and thanks in advance!:cautious:

2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 1, 2013

Did you check his posts and google up his username/email for references?

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 1, 2013

I have several customers who have foreign email addresses yet reside in the US.

German date indicates the watch came with him and was likely purchased in Germany.

As always pay with a credit card using PayPal.

4. Hijak Aug 1, 2013

Thanks for the replies, did google and very reputable seller. Moving forward with purchase! Just being cautious after reading scam thread on WUS...never hurts to get forum feedback.

citizenrich likes this.
  5. clonetrooper Aug 6, 2013

You should have bought the watch, I'm pretty legit..;-). Now it's gone to another happy owner. And by the way, I've got a few feedbacks on the WUS forum, apart from the almost 2500 posts...

6. ulackfocus Aug 6, 2013

1) There's nothing wrong with double checking references. The mods alone of this forum have bought THOUSANDS of vintage watches and still double check many purchases with each other.
    2) Was it necessary to join just to "Nyah, nyah, nyah - you shoulda bought it!" the guy?
    3) I had triple that post count on WUS before being banned for smacking around members who did silly shit like this.

I really hope I misread the intent of your post, because it seems pretty sarcastic and petty. If I'm wrong, all apologies.

Nick F 05, citizenrich and Hijak like this.
  7. clonetrooper Aug 6, 2013

1. Nothing wrong with that.
    2. It was coincidence the I found this thread AFTER I joined the forum...and I'm not sure that hijak needs a big brother protecting him
    3. I can see why you were banned, using absolutley inapporpriate words to describe a non-issue you are not even involved in. And why would you say that hijaks post was silly shit?

And BTW...apologies excepted!!

8. ulackfocus Aug 6, 2013

We're adults.... unlike many members on WUS, particularly on the Public Forum. And I didn't say Hijak was silly - I said it was you doing the silly shit, as in joining here just to rub in the fact that he didn't buy it because it sold while he was doing his due diligence. Maybe it was just coincidence but the timing and wording is very suspect. Have all the last words you like now because I've made my point.

ps - we look out for each other here.

9. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Aug 6, 2013

you're a petty little jerkoff and you proved it with 2 different posts. Grow up.

Much more importantly: lmfao that "Focus" got banned from
    that other messageboard. I knew I liked you for good reason, focus. getting banned from that place is one of the best character references I could think of. A true badge of honor. Lulzzzz congrats

the only better reference is getting banned from rolex forums. Bunch of pikers and try hards.

10. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Aug 6, 2013

This is too much lol. You call the guy "reputable" and he tries to embarrass you. He only embarrassed himself because...wait for it...he's a jerkoff.

11. Hijak Aug 6, 2013

I did send you payment and you refunded me, do you not remember...I am also Hijak on WUS. I was dissapointed but understood.

12. Hijak Aug 6, 2013

1. First of all I think you should tone it down...you're new here and you did come off pretty petty in that first post

2. Second of all we were negotiating on a watch and you sold it out from under me...I said nothing and took it in stride...You should have checked my references, even though I'm new to these forums I have brought several watches and my references are impeccable!

3. Ulackfocus may be sarcastic at times but he is a stand up guy...you would know that if you didn't come in here guns blazing!!!

4. No, I don't need a big brother (have two already) but I appreciate the support and camaraderie this forum provides...so don't FUCK IT UP!!!:whistling:

5. Can't we all just get along...;)

13. Hijak Aug 6, 2013

Please tone it down!!!

14. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 7, 2013

::coffee::
    (Actually, haven't been able to find a decent coffee in seim reap yet ::thumbs down::

15. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 7, 2013

You ozzies are spoiled that way.