Forums Latest Members
  1. deerworrier Jul 30, 2014

evening gents, I am looking for some assistance on the watch below. not the best of pics but a good back story im hoping. bought in 1968 by the man selling, so 1 owner but no box. serviced by Nairns in New Zealand around 2007 who are a local Omega agent and comes with the full service receipt. i am pretty sure its a good un(only real qualm is the hit it took from the polishing stick!) just looking for a bit of input from those who know far more than me on these things. I've always liked the case shape and am also looking for a bit of Del boy bling to add to the collection so any opinions very much appreciated. price is for me to decide but feel free to offer you opinions on that too if you like. pics are not the best but as good as i can get at the moment.

cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

is it likely that the service agent would have used any parts (crown, hands, dial) none original to the watch?

thanks for any and all assistance.

2. deerworrier Jul 30, 2014

Case ref: CD 168.017. Serial number 2384****. Calibre 561

if this assists in any way.

3. John R Smith Jul 30, 2014

I know very little about these 'C' case Omegas, but just to say that you would expect the crown to be replaced as a matter of course at a full service by an Omega agent.

4. deerworrier Jul 30, 2014

thanks John, never thought of it being a standard practice. im quite keen on the watch as I don't believe many black dials were produced on the 14k series, when I see the service papers ill have a better idea and go from there.

5. Mothra Jul 30, 2014

is it just the angle of the photo or is the crown very wonky?

6. deerworrier Jul 30, 2014

im not seeing it mate, which picture are you seeing it? the problem I have noticed is a lot of (most) folks don't know how to photograph watches for sale to show it as it truly is! im thinking it may be worth a punt and hope to have the service details later today. nobody has screamed frankin or fake as yet even with the dauphine hands on a black dial.

7. Mothra Jul 31, 2014

:) Looks odd to me in both, but also looks like its just me.

8. deerworrier Jul 31, 2014

well, we shall see on Monday mate. took the plunge 20min ago and committed to it. the seller showed the service paperwork which reads as full service, regulation, seal change and test with the only things being changed as the CROWN (wonky fitting or poss alternative) and a new crystal.

my first conny, will it be a Yeah or a Nah?

9. deerworrier Jul 31, 2014

im feeling pretty confident on the watch now, the extract below is from the sellers contact email.

10. Mothra Aug 1, 2014

Best of luck!