Forums Latest Members
  1. Prieto9000 Aug 31, 2016

I just stopped at my local AD to see what they had on display and to my surprise the had a DSOTM. I was very excited with the idea of buying a GSOTM based on reviews and internet comments, but I´ve never seen a real one. After trying the DSOTM I think it´s a cool watch but nothing really impressive. On the other hand I tried on 2 41.5mm Aqua Terras and those really caught my eye. I instantly fell the urge to buy them both. Not even the rose gold/steel Globemaster had that effect on me.
    I found out I can buy both seamasters for the price of the GSOTM so I don´t know what to do!!!

This are the subjects in question!!!
    The one with the blue dial is absolutely beautiful in person I tried the Blue dialed one but with a bracelet before and I thought it was fine, but this one is completely different.
    What are your thoughts?? Would you get the speedy or both seamasters??
    23113422103001.jpg Seamaster_Aqua_Terra_150_m_Omega_Master_Co-Axial_41_5_mm_231_13_42_21_02_003_SS.jpg

2. Syed117 Aug 31, 2016

Why would a watch that you didn't find impressive even be a possibility?

You're the one that is going to wear it, buy the one you like.

I have never personally loved any aqua Terra, so the dsotm or gsotm would be an easy choice for me.

3. Bushido Aug 31, 2016

I loved the DSOTM the moment I saw it in person and tried it on. If you were unimpressed with it upon trying it on, that's quite a bit of money for the chance of "maybe I'll like it more later" approach.

While I've never personally wanted an AT, that seems to be the line which jumped out at you when you saw them. It would make sense for you to go that direction.

4. Prieto9000 Aug 31, 2016

The speedy I want is the gray side, not the dark side, but have not been able to find one to try on. Maybe the platinum dial and the gray color makes it look completely different.
    Maybe I'm just driven by de cool factor more than the actual looks of the watch.

Sent from my iPhone.

5. EatMan Sep 1, 2016

GSOTM is different enough from DSOTM that warrants an actual wear before making any decision. I liked D while not so much S when I tried them on. Feels quite different.

After trying all the watches you have in mind, get ONE watch that you like the best. (don't think it's a good idea to get 2 of same model at the same time. After some time, you still want the 2nd of the same but different color, go for it but not together. Risking a bit of buyer's remorse).

Also want to state the obvious that xSOTM quite different from ATs-- sporty and large vs dressy esp on leather strap. Just seems like a huge departure from what you were looking for. don't know what you have in your watch collection, but I would look to fill a void rather than duplicate something similar.

6. Prieto9000 Sep 1, 2016

I currently have the following:

I'm selling my speedmaster, the old Aqua Terra and the Tag Heuer to make space (and raise funds) for the new acquisitions.
    I was planning on selling those 3 to fund the GSOTM

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone.

7. EatMan Sep 1, 2016

Deville and blue AT feels redundant. If you are selling speedy and Tag chrono, I think Grey Side would be a great replacement and addition to your collection. But make sure to try the watch.

I think ATs are just so classy and versatile so if you end up saying you like AT more, don't think would be a bad decision.

If I'm you, I try on grey side. If I love it, that's the winner. If not, silver gold AT.

Dariush likes this.
  8. soybeanwatch Sep 2, 2016

Tough one as the DSOTM really grew on me whilst on my wrist. Although it only went on about 3x... each time I couldn't stop looking at it in different lighting. Tough because some believe in quality over quantity and some vice versa. If the AT tickles your fancy do it! Sounds like you may be having a difficult time choosing between the 2 color schemes... but my advice is to choose only one. Yes, it makes the decision process easier going with both... but there is a plethora of pieces Omega or not that you could get instead of the 2nd AT that will bring you happiness and great diversity.
    On a lighter note Here's a pic of my DSOT Half Moon =)

[​IMG]

Nobel Prize, ahartfie and jsaen like this.
  9. Prieto9000 Sep 6, 2016

I visited an Omega Boutique today and tried the GSOTM and what can I say??? I f***ing want one!!!!!
    It is a whole different animal than the DSOTM. It´s absolutely beautiful, it´s classier than the dark one, even the SEDNA DSOTM looks sportier than this one. I think I´ll write santa claus this christmas to see if he can get me one.
    Another model that caught my eye was the ´57 white dial gold hands/markers model 331.12.42.51.02.002
    It looks very nice, I believe it combines perfectly a dress/sports combo in it. The only thing I´d change is the strap. I´d prefer an alligator strap in the same colors.
    Since the triple date is about to find a new home, this might be a nice replacement, but for now, the GSOTM has become priority #1

331.12.42.51.02.002.jpg

EatMan likes this.
  10. ktc Sep 6, 2016

I think you should buy the watch you like :)

11. Sanmilc Sep 7, 2016

I think you must wait and think a little about what youn really want, sounds like you are not sure.... buy what you like!!

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 7, 2016

Well, based on your original post the seamasters. I dont like the sides of the moons series.

This said, would inget two AT? No. I would get the one i have ( blue) and then look for something fun. A sm300, a rolex explorer 2016, a railmaster etc

And i would ignore all the sides of the moon amd send them back to swatch disneyland where they belong

13. meganfox17 Sep 7, 2016

Hi @Prieto9000 [​IMG]You are a talented Marksman who can Zero In on your Target Watch. You know what you want[emoji14] just Use the Viper

14. Prieto9000 Sep 7, 2016

I´d rather use my Razor HD

IMG_5796.JPG

meganfox17 likes this.